When You Get Roses

'Sup guys. Lil sensai here!!! Read if you must. I am being over dramatic as usual. XD
(M/N)= middle name

You got up from bed sleepily, awaking to your alarm clock on your phone. Letting out one last groan, you stretched and began your morning routine.

After you were finished, you walked down the stairs drowsily, eager to make a hot cup of joe. Turning on the tv and making your morning drink, you were interrupted from your morning by your doorbell.

You walked to the door, now fully awake. Opening the door, you were met by the mailman. In his hand was bouquet of red roses.

"Hello, ma'am. These are for you" the mailman said politely. You smiled at him warmly in reply before shaking your head with a tiny laugh.

"I'm sorry, but you have the wrong address" you said apologetically before gently closing the door. But before you could get back to your morning, the mailman knocked on it once again.

You let out a groan before opening it. "I told you that you have the wrong-" "(Y/N) (M/N) (L/N)" he suddenly called your name.

Your eyes widened in shock. Were the flowers really for you? You were beautiful, but was still average. Sure, you had a couple of boyfriends before, but you were recently single.

"Yeah, I guess that's me" you say. The mailman chuckles under his breath before giving you the roses. "These are yours. You're a gorgeous person, I don't see why it's so hard to believe" he said before walking away.

You stood there, blushing before closing the door. You looked down at the roses to see a small note. "Here are some roses, just as beautiful and pure as you" was what it said.

~

"What, no way" your best friend, Mei yelled in shock. You two worked at a tiny pharmacy market, both deciding that you would wait a year before going to college.

Both of you needed a break from school. But you soon found a job to help you pay rent for your own apartment.

You looked down at the rose that was in your hand, one of the roses from the bouquet this morning. "Yes" you mutter, twirling the rose in hand.

"But roses are sophisticated, and your so..." Mei trailed off. You looked up from the rose and looked at her. Mei looked at you with a shrug.

"What, you're more of the shy, speechless type of girl, it's not a lie" she said. You sighed.

She was true. Just the slightest compliment made you crazily embarrassed. "Oh, hello (Y/N)" you looked at the tall figure.

"R-Rin" you say, surprised. Rin lets out a chuckle before leaning against the counter, using his arms to support his chin.

"Hey, I didn't know you worked here" he commented as he smiled. You nodded. "(Y/N), you mind introducing me to your friend" Mei purred.

You scratched the back of your head sheepishly. "Right" you said before beckoning to Rin. "Mei, this is Rin. Rin, this is Mei" you said.

Rin gave out his hand, Mei instantly taking it. "Please to meet you" he said with a smirk on his face.

As Rin shook Mei's hand, Mei winced in pain before he let go. "So, are you still travelling" you asked after a long and awkward silence.

Rin shrugged in response before putting his hands into his pants' pockets. "I'm staying for a while" he stated.

"I've found something interesting in this city" he said amusingly. This surprised you.

"What!? You're a traveler and you find this dump interesting out of anywhere else" Mei yelled in shock, but immediately shrank back at the glare he gave (which you failed to notice XD).

He looked down at the rose in your hand before taking it. "Where'd you get a rose from" he asked.

You let out a sigh. "I don't know myself. They arrived this morning" she answered.

Rin smiled. "Oh, did they" he asked with a raised eyebrow. You nodded. "Well, I'll see you later" he said before walking off.

Mei looked back at (Y/N), shaking her throbbing hand. "That guy's hot, but when he shook my head, it felt like he was trying to crush it" Mei stated, annoyed.

You laughed at your friend's anger. "And then the bastard had the nerve to smirk" she hissed. You shook your head.

"I'm sure he didn't mean to, he's a pretty nice guy" you reassured. "If you say so" Mei said, rolling her eyes.

But what you didn't know is that it was no coincidence he bumped into you.

You didn't even notice the fact that Rin didn't even bother to buy an item.