Chapter 7: First Pyramid

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

Waking up to my alarm I see Alec has snuck into my room and is sound asleep

Waking up to my alarm I see Alec has snuck into my room and is sound asleep. I leave him upstairs and get ready for the day. After getting ready I brush my teeth then wake up Alec. "Whys I wake up my Twinidy." he lisps sleepily. I cradle him to my chest and rub his back soothingly. "I have to go to dance remember I have to make a dance." I say softly.

"Yous weally smawts." he says giving me a kiss on the cheek. I give him a hug before getting him ready. Abby asked me if I would like to teach Lily, Elliana, Maesi, and two little girls a upbeat dance for competition and I agreed since I love children and am shocked Abby didn't ask Kalani.

Our mother went on a business trip so Abby will be taking Alec and I to her studio. We are also getting breakfast on the way so I don't bother to try to get anything to eat. "Do you have everything you need?" I ask Alec once we're downstairs and have our bags.  He nods his head.

I scoop him and his bag up before heading out the door into Abby's car. I greet Abby and put him into the backseat with the bags before going back inside to get Alec's car seat. We get situated before getting McDonald's for breakfast and heading towards the ALDC.

"Have you picked out music for the dance." she asks me. "I was thinking Monster since it's cute and it'll fit the overall theme for the dance which is just having fun. I wanted Maesi to lead because she's been the most dynamic out of all the girls." I reply. "I'm gonna leave it all to you." Abby says giving me a smile. I smile back before we arrive at the ALDC LA. I quickly change into my dance wear.

As soon as I enter the studio I listen to the music and start thinking of intermediate jazz moves I can use for the little ones

As soon as I enter the studio I listen to the music and start thinking of intermediate jazz moves I can use for the little ones. I fully choreograph the whole dance before running it a few times to see how it fits in with the music. "Can I see the dance?" Gianna asks walking into the practice studio I'm using. I shrug before showing her the whole dance for someone who isn't a soloist. She applauds me before telling me it's time for pyramid.

I walk into pyramid to see everyone is already there including Alec who is being held by Brynn. "My Twinidy!" Alec squeals excitedly. I laugh before taking him from Brynn. "He wouldn't stop asking about you." she says. "Why does she get to walk in late and you don't say anything?!" Holly snaps. "Trinity come here." Abby says. I hand Alec back to Brynn before standing beside Abby.

"Trinity was at this studio at 6:00 this morning because I asked her to choreograph a dance for competition since Gianna was busy with the group dance and solos. She hasn't stopped since she got here and has been dancing non stop perfecting it." Abby gives me a hug and then I resume my place besides Brynn.

"Moving on to pyramid. On the bottom of the pyramid we have Kalani. You got third in your trio and you didn't stand out at all in the group dance." Kira looks like she wanted to say something but decided against it. "Still on the bottom we have Camryn. It all comes down to technique technique technique. Last on the bottom we have Nia you really played your character in the group but you still were third."

"Moving up we have Maesi, Lily, and Eliana. You did really well in your trio and led the group to victory. On the second row we have Kendall and Brynn you won in your duet and beat the trio. On the top of the pyramid we have Trinity not only was she the highest scoring soloist but she got a perfect score." All the girls clap for me causing me to smile.

"This week we are going to Sheer Talent in Phoenix. This week we have two solos, two duets, and two group dances. The winning duet will have solos next week. The first group dance is jazz and called Monster. It goes to the three youngest and two minis who dance at the ALDC. I miss my mini team and having trophies in all categories. The two minis will only be here for this week. Masai you as the oldest will lead." We clap for the little ones and I smile as I choreographed it.

"The second group dance its also jazz and it's called Fierce. I want to bring the personality out of all of you when you dance. The leads will be Camryn and Trinity. You will both battle with your respective armies over who should rule. I chose you too because you both specialize in jazz." We clap and Camryn and I give each other high fives.

"The first duet goes to Kendall and Kalani its lyrical and called Without You. It's about your friendship." Kendall and Kalani hug as we clap. "The second duet goes to Trinity and Brynn it's also lyrical and it's called Bird Girls. It's about being able to fly." Everyone claps as I hug Brynn excitedly. "The two solos are contemporary. Deception is about being misleading people and being a snake it goes to Kalani. Unstoppable is about having strength and it goes to Trinity." Everyone claps. "The first dance we will work on is with the minis so everyone else you are dismissed."

One everyone leaves I start instructing the minis. "I'm gonna show you guys the dance so you know what to expect." I preform remembering to lip sing when the song is about to end. The little ones and Masai clan causing me to smile. "Thanks now you all will start in a line like this with your back turned to the audience...."

I teach the little ones about a minute of the dance before it's time for the Kendall and Kalani to rehearse. I go into the den before practically collapsing on the bench next to Brynn. "Tired huh." Nia says sympathetically. "Exhausted."

After Kalani works on her solo we fly through the group dance and it's finally time for Brynn and I to learn our duet. "Bird girls is about being able to fly, metaphorically of course. I paired you two together because Brynn you have a innocence to your technique and Trinity you have a strength when you dance so it balances out." Brynn and I hug again before working on the duet.

"Unfortunately we don't have enough time for your solo Trinity but the surprise is I want you to choreograph the solo. Here's the music and I'll see you tomorrow." Abby gives me a hug before Alec and I ride home with Brynn and Ashlee.