Chapter 11: New Arrivals & Old Faces

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

I'm woken up to Alec shaking me

I'm woken up to Alec shaking me. "Wake up my Twinidy! You has dance." he says hugging me when he sees I'm awake. "You get your things ready while I get dressed okay." He nods before giving me a kiss on the cheek then leaving my room. I stretch before getting dressed.

"Can we has wucky chawms for brekkie?" Alec asks. "Sure." I say as my mom is still not here so we are staying with Ms. Abby. As we are eating. Abby graces us with her presence. Dressed and ready to go. "You ready for today?" she asks. "Always."

"On the bottom of the pyramid we have Kalani. This is not because of your second place. This is because you've become complacent." Kira gets mad and argues, "I have no idea what you're talking about Abby. She works her butt off and then you let a new girl that just got here take away everything she's worked for." Abby gives Kira a look and says, "The only one letting Trinity "take away" everything is Kalani." She then moves on.

"Next on the bottom we have Kendall. I think this one is explanatory. Last on the bottom we have Nia. You didn't have a solo or a duet so I have nothing to compare you to." I give Nia a side hug feeling bad for her. "Moving to the third row we have Maesi, Lily, and Elliana. You guys did phenomenal in your group dance and really sold Trinity's choreography." The minis cheer and hug each other. They're so cute.

"On the second row we have Camryn. You really stood out in the group dance and showed you have real leadership abilities. Next we have Brynn. Your duet with Trinity was amazing and you got a perfect score. Keep up the good work." Brynn grins and hugs me.

"On top of the pyramid again we have Trinity. You lead us to victory in the group dance and got a perfect score on you solo and duet. You deserve it." The girls clap for me excitedly while the moms do it half. Except for Ashley, she actually likes me.

"I'm sure many of you have heard the news about Maddie and Mackenzie being back." Abby says. They walk in smiling and the girls that know them run up to them and hug them. "Girls this is Trinity. She was on probation before becoming a permanent member. You will go through the same process."

"This week we will go to Phoenix. And I promised the winning duets a solo. Brynn and Trinity you get to pick the style of your solo. Trinity since you won the stamina competition last week you will have another solo next week since I owe you two." Brynn says, "I pick contemporary." I respond with, "I pick jazz."

"Brynn your piece is called Everything has a price. Trinity yours is called Toxic. You may choreograph again if you wish." Brynn and I grin and hug each other. "This week we have two group dances since we have so many girls."
We all look at each other nervously.

"The first is jazz and called confident and Trinity will pick the group since it's her choreography. It's only a five person dance so choose wisely." I think of all the girls and their strengths. "I choose Nia, Brynn, Camryn, and Mackenzie." I say pointing at each.

"The second group dance will be Maddie, Kalani, Kendall, and Maesi. It's contemporary and called Don't leave. It's about Maesi having to grow up and move away from your family."
Abby says.

"The two minis will not have any numbers this week as they are going to a work shop/ week camp in New York to work with some of the best dancers out there." Lily and Elly run up to me and give me a hug before leaving to pack.

"Trinity you have a duet called As long as you love me. Your partner is Jace." A really cute guy walks in with his dad. "Jace is also on probation trying to be on this team." she says.
Jace walks up to me and stands between Nia and I. Brynn wiggles her eyebrows at me causing me to blush. "We're working on Brynn's solo first so Trinity work with your group. Everyone else you're dismissed.

*I feel like that was a really long pyramid*

"Ok everyone their are two solo sections. One will be me and the other will be determined now." I say grinning. The girls look at me excitedly. "I want you all to improve to the music. Remember to keep it sassy, fun, and stand out." I start the music and watch the moves.

These are my critiques. Camryn has a lot of attitude but not a lot of technique. Brynn has good tricks and technique but it doesn't fit her. Mackenzie has nothing but tricks which is boring and doesn't let the audience recover. Nia is really selling this piece though. I've made my decision.

When I stop the music I gesture for everyone to line up. "I've chosen Nia." I say smiling. Everyone smiles and congratulates Nia. She really deserves. "Ok the first eight count goes like this....." We've gone through half of the dance and now I'm cleaning. "Ok we need to go over that last eight count. It's not one and two and three it's one and two hold three four." I say giving a demonstration.

This dance is going to be legendary.