Chapter 20: Co-Ed Team

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

Brynn and I walk into the studio after getting Starbucks for breakfast to be greeted by the others

Brynn and I walk into the studio after getting Starbucks for breakfast to be greeted by the others. (If you wanted to know, Alec is with Jace's dad for today.) "How was your weekend?" Jace asks after giving me a hug. "Good considering our winning sweep." I say winking playfully. "Don't get cocky now." Jace teases me playfully. I just shove him laughing. After talking with Jace for a bit Brynn and I decide to get dressed for dance.

"What's going on with you and Jace?" Brynn asks me curiously. "Nothing." I say unconvincingly. Brynn gives me a look. "Fine! Fine! I really like him okay. But I don't know if he likes me back." I say. "I'm sure he does. Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Brynn says wiggling her eyebrows teasingly. "Shut up Brynn." I say laughing. After getting our dance wear we head into the main studio for pyramid.

"Before we start this pyramid I would just like to say congratulations on our winning sweep." Abby says, everyone claps enthusiastically. It seems this week will be a good one if Abby is in such a good mood. "Now on to pyramid. On the bottom we have Maddie. Not only did you not place but you almost injured another dancer. Because of that you are suspended for this week. You will attend rehearsal and learn the dance but you will not be performing at the competition with us."

"Abby that's not fair! She didn't mean it, don't take the competition away from her." Melissa says angrily. "You're lucky I'm not kicking her off of the team for purposely tripping Trinity." Abby says pissed. Melissa rolls her eyes. "Next on the bottom we have Kalani then Brynn. I gave you both an opportunity and you threw it away. Third and second place, I know you can do better." Abby says shaking her head in disappointment. "Last on the bottom we have Kendall. You've lost your passion. I know I didn't give you a solo but you should've shined in the group dance." Abby says disappointed.

Jill looks like she wants to say something but decided against it. "On the next row we have Nia, Mackenzie, Camryn, and Jace. Nia and Camryn you have really been improving keep it up. Jace, you continue to surprise me with your leadership abilities." The mentioned three smile brightly.

"Sharing the top spot is Maesi and Trinity!" Abby says smiling. "Maesi you were our highest scoring soloist, continue to impress me. Trinity not only did you lead the group to victory and win on your duet, but you choreographed a beautiful solo for a fellow teammate. You time and time again have proven you deserve to be here. And so I'm giving you an official ALDC LA jacket to prove that."

I cry tears of joy as Abby gives me my jacket. She gives me a big hug and I eventually go back to the others just for Jace to spin me around causing me to blush and giggle. "Thank you Ms. Abby." I say once Jace has put me down.

"Ok on to this weeks dances. The group dance is called When I fall, it's contemporary and lead will be Jace." Jace gives me a side hug making me blush. "Trinity I'm just going to ask you now, are you okay with having a lot of dances this week?" Abby asks me seriously. "Of course I am." I say confidently.

"Good."

"There will be a lyrical duet that goes to Kendall and Trinity. It's called I'll be there. Kendall I want you to show me your passion and why you started dancing in the first place." Kendall nods smiling.

"There will be two solos. Mackenzie you have a contemporary solo entitled Trust me. Nia you have a lyrical solo entitled Let me stay. I want the both of you to really reach out of your comfort zones with these pieces."

"There will also be two trios this week. But before that let me welcome a new dancer in." When Abby says that a cute boy, but not as cute as Jace, walks in. The boy looks at Brynn and smiles causing her to blush. "I see you." I whisper into her ear teasingly. She pinches me, rolling her eyes.

"Jace and Trinity I want you two to meet Oliver he will be your third partner for the two trios this week. They are both contemporary. The first is entitled Lost love and the second is called Instead." Oliver waves at us and I wave back while Jace frowns.

"What's wrong?" I whisper concerned. "It's nothing." Jace replies with a fake smile. I frown at him and give him a quick hug worried. Why does he seem so bothered by Oliver?

"Ok we'll start with the group dance......"