Chapter 15: Another Pyramid

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

Alec and I are currently having breakfast at Abby's again

Alec and I are currently having breakfast at Abby's again. Dance isn't for another two hours so we have plenty of time. "My Twinidy when is mama comin home?" Alec lisps. What do I tell him? I can't tell him the truth. The truth is she'll come home when she finally remembers we're here. And it won't be because she cares it will be because she needs to keep up her image.

"I'm sure mom will come home when she's done working. Just don't worry about it." I say lying. He pouts looking disappointed. I hate having to lie to him but the truth would crush him. He's only two and already has to deal with this. "Let's go to dance." I say giving him a hug. "You won't weave me wight my Twinidy?" Alec asks. "I wouldn't leave you for anything or anyone." I say wiping away his tears.

"On the bottom of the pyramid we have Maddie. Not only did you not place but you've seem to have forgotten your technique." Melissa looks like she wants to says something but refrains. Probably a good choice. "Next we have Kendall. You didn't place and you were off time."

"Next we have Kalani. You didn't place and you were the lead. Disappointing." I feel bad for the girls. But I also don't feel bad because of the way they've been treating me. "Last on the bottom we have Maesi. You were on time and executed the choreography well. Unfortunately your team mates didn't back you up."

"On the next row we have Mackenzie. Your group won but you dancing hasn't matured. Next we have Camryn. You did well but didn't stand out. And we have Nia not only did your group win but you did well on your lead." I give Nia a thumbs up. She deserves it.

"On the second row we have Jace. You did well in your duet and proved you deserve to be here.  Next we have Trinity. Your duet was first and you grabbed the attention of a talent scout. Unfortunately your solo placed second." I'm happy with how I did. I can't always be on top. It's great to let someone who deserves it have the spotlight.

"And on top of the pyramid we have Brynn. She was our highest scoring soloist." Everyone claps and I give her a hug. She deserves this win after all the crap the moms put her through.

"This week Kalani, Brynn and Maddie all have solos. They are all lyrical. I want to see which one of you can step up to be a lead. Your mothers claim that's what your capable of so it's time for you to prove it." Abby says. "Trinity you can choose to take a solo if you wish. I still owe you another one."

"Abby can I choreograph a solo for someone else?" I ask already having a plan. "Sure who do you choose?" she asks curiously. This will be great. "I choose Maesi." I say smiling at her. She runs up to me and gives me a hug. Maesi is like the little sister I never had and I'm proud of that.

"The group dance is contemporary and called When you were mine. It's about a couple's relationship and how society has torn them apart. The leads will be Trinity and Jace." Jace gives me a hug which I return blushing. "Jace and Trinity you have another duet called Ghost in which Jace is the ghost and Trinity is grieving her lost love. You will also be working on a dance to the music I gave you for the talent scout's music video shoot which is a day before competition."

This is a lot. I'm so glad I didn't take that solo. "The solos will be going first so Kalani you're up. Maesi you can go with Trinity to work on yours." Maesi and I walk into an empty practice studio.

"I chose the song stone cold because it has a lot of emotion and is talking about not wanting to be emotionless." I say to Maesi. "I kind of already choreographed this dance for you so I'll show you the finished product."

"Thank you Trinity. You make me feel like I'm supposed to be here." Maesi says. I give her a hug before showing her the dance. "Think you can do it?" I ask her. "I know I can."

I teach Maesi the first half of the dance before giving her corrections. I allow her to correct herself and show her the tight way then move on. "Trinity two soloists have worked on their solos, can we use this time to choreograph?" Jace asks.

I didn't even realize. "Sure." I say. I hug Maesi and tell her to go take a break. "You did really good." I tell her. She thanks me and walks out.

"You're really good with kids." Jace says. "I've had to be Alec's mom since he was born. I've learned to appreciate those younger than me." I say honestly. I don't know why I feel the need to open up to Jace but it's so natural. I don't know what I'm feeling. "I have the same appreciation. I'm an only child so I've never had anyone to talk to or confide in. Maybe that's why we get along so well." he says smiling.

"I think we should listen to the music first so we can get an overall feel for the song." I say. We listen to the song and improv. Jace grabs me and lifts me and I follow him still improving. We separate and he "walks away" and I run after him.

 We separate and he "walks away" and I run after him

"We definitely have to use a running jump like that." I say when the music stops. "Totally." Jace and I sit down to talk about the story behind the song. "So I was thinking you can be the character with the substance abuse and I could be....."