Chapter 17: ABORT THE MISSION

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

I wake up to Jace smiling at me sleepily

I wake up to Jace smiling at me sleepily. I blush at how close we are. "I'm sorry." I apologize quietly. "It's okay." he says voice thick with sleep. "I was pretty comfortable anyway." Of course this just makes me blush even harder. "What time is it?" I ask. "7:00am." he says looking at his phone.

"We're going to be late for dance!"

"Relax Trinity. I asked Abby if we could come to dance late today." "And she said yes." I say skeptically. There's no way Abby would just let us sleep in, she gets mad if people are even minutes late. "She said since we have so much going on this week we deserved to be late, she's working on the solos first anyway."

"Oh."

"We need to be there at eight so why don't you use my bathroom and I'll change in my room so we get there on time." Jace says, though his arms tighten around me as if he doesn't want me to get up. But he couldn't like me, could he? "What about Alec?" I ask blushing as he pulls me closer to him.  "My dad will get him ready." I nod before we both get up and I take my bag to his bathroom.

After I close the door I fan my blushing face. I can't believe I just cuddled with Jace. I bite my lip to hide my smile as I get dressed thinking about how cute he is.

I walk out with my head down looking at my feet as I just think about how lucky I am to be here. My head collides with something as I fall from the impact. Arms circle around me and hold me to a warm chest. "You okay?" Jace asks concerned. Correction shirtless Jace.

ABORT THE MISSION! I REPEAT ABORT THE MISSION!

"I-I'm f-fine." I stutter trying not to stare at his chest. "You like what you see." he smiles teasingly bringing me even closer. "Stop!" I whine trying to get out of his grip.

"Jace! Trinity! It's time to go now."

We walk into dance from the back entrance so the moms don't see us and quickly get changed into our dance wear. Jace's dad, Will, took Alec with him to work. That man is a saint. I love Alec but I don't like the fact that he has to be in an environment with so much drama. It makes him really upset. Plus I don't want him to start getting too attached to any of the moms besides Ashley.

We walk into the rehearsal room and quietly watch as Abby works with Kalani on her solo. The moms seem like they are going to say something about us being late but a quick glare from Abby shuts them up. I quietly thank her causing her to smile at me. I'm glad Abby could stop that. I'm having a good morning and mom drama would change that.

"Ok Kalani, if you work on what I just told you you'll be ready for competition." Abby says. "Go get the other girls so we can work on the group dance." Kalani nods and walks out of the studio. "Jace, Trinity, I just want to let you know that the people from Juilliard contacted me. They say they want to see your duet today."

"What?" we both ask in disbelief.

"Fortunately I convinced them to do it about two hours after practice today. So for the first hour you'll be performing and working with me and the second hour with them. Isn't that great?" Abby smiles.

ABORT! ABORT! My brain is literally screaming at me how it's not okay

"It's fantastic." I say with a fake smile. Now I really wish I got to dance on time.

"What are we going to do?" I whisper to Jace once Abby walks away. "We're going to show them why they gave us this opportunity." Jace says smiling confidently. I nod before getting in formation to do the group dance.

"I've given you choreography but I haven't told you the story behind this dance. This dance is to show how pressure effects something. It can cause something to crack or to turn into something beautiful. So Jace and Trinity I want you to show what it's like to be under that pressure. And everyone else I want you to portray that pressure well, okay?" Everyone nods at Abby. "Okay let's run the dance."

There's a part in the middle of the dance where I get pushed back and forth from Brynn to Kalani to Maddie then back to Jace, and we've been nailing it in rehearsal. As I get passed from Kalani to Maddie, I see Maddie smile at me. All I can think is oh no. When she pushes me she pushes me so hard that I crash to the ground. I shriek in pain as I land painfully on my arm.

Immediately the dance stops and the music is cut off. Brynn and Jace immediately rush up to me, Abby not far behind.

"Are you okay Trinity?"

I shakily push myself up into a seated position and nod, frantically blinking away the tears from the pain. "Maddie, let's talk shall we. And Jace why don't you help Trinity get some ice, you're both done rehearsing until we work on your video duet." Abby says glaring at Maddie. Her and Maddie walk outside of the studio to "talk". Jace picks me up bridal style and we walk out of the main rehearsal studio. Great even more drama, just what I need today.