Chapter 19: Busy Weekend

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

Alec and I are currently on our way to dance with Jace

Alec and I are currently on our way to dance with Jace. "My Twinidy?" Alec asks. "Yes Alec." "I wove you." he lisps cutely smiling. "I love you too Alec." I say causing him to squeal happily. I'm glad he's in a good mood. I hug Alec and he snuggles with me the rest of the way to the studio.

"Okay so today is going to be busy. We will rehearse the group first as we have to reblock all of our lines. Then we will move on to Jace and Trinity's duet. I will then work with the Kalani and Brynn on their solos while Trinity works with Maesi." Abby says. We then work on reblocking the group as Maddie is no longer competing with us.

"Since Maddie is not there to catch and push Trinity, Jace why don't you scoop her up a four count early and lift her while she's in arabesque." Jace nods and we continue to make changes to the dance. When Jace and I work on our duet titled Ghost, I feel even more connected to him then usual. As he spinning me with are faces merely inches apart I feel my feelings for him grow even more. I didn't think that was possible. "I love working with you two. The chemistry you guys have is unreal, I always believe what story you're telling." Abby compliments us smiling. We thank her and then head out of the studio.

"It's time for the solos." I inform the other girls, Maesi and I head to Studio B to rehearse her solo. "Honestly Maesi I think you have this solo in the bag, so I'd just like you to run it for me." I say smiling. "Thank you Trinity. I love working with you, you're a great teacher." I thank her and put on the music. As always she executes my choreography perfectly. I give her a high five and continue to work with her on it. I feel really confident about the competition this week.

After Jace and I film with the Juilliard crew we head to the bus for competition. Jace and I sit next to each other with Brynn in front of us with Alec. "Are you okay?" I ask Jace quietly. I've noticed that he's been kind of checked out lately and I'm worried for him. "Yeah I'm fine." he says unconvincingly. I give him "the look". "I'm really stressed out okay!" he whisper yells angrily.

"What are you stressed about?" I ask. Jace rants to me about how stressfully the team is, the mom drama is, school, his mom not wanting him and more. I just listen to him and give him my full undivided attention. Once he's done I grab his hand and lean my head on his shoulder. He puts his head on mine and interlaces our fingers. "Thank you." he whispers squeezing my hand. I respond by squeezing back and snuggling up to him. I feel really bad that there isn't anything I can really do to help him than listen to him and comfort him.

As we get off of the bus we are bombarded by fans. This one fan looks really sad so I walk over to her. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask her worried. "I was just remembering something and I got upset, but talking to you helps." She says smiling sadly at me. I give her a hug and tell her to DM me on Instagram so we can talk more. I hate to see anyone sad or upset.

"The solos are first then the duet than the group." Abby informs us as we are getting ready in our dressing room. I head backstage with Maesi for her solo. "Just breathe. You got this." I tell her giving her a hug. "Thank you Trinity, you're like the big sister I've always wanted." Maesi says hugging me back. "And now we have entry 46. Here's Maesi Caes with Stone Cold."

As she walks off stage I practically tackle her in a hug smiling. This is the best I've seen her perform ever. She took my choreography and made it look better then I could have ever hoped. I'm so proud of her.

"And now we have entry 47. Here's Jace and Trinity with Ghost."

As I dance with Jace my stomach fills with butterflies. He's just such a great dancer and person that it's kind of hard not to like him. But he probably doesn't like me back.

"Now we have entry 52. When you were mine."

The group heads onstage and we perform beautifully. We are in sync and the lifts look effortless. I can see in the audience the judges are smiling which fills me with relief. I don't know why but at every competition I get so nervous even though I know, that I know my routines. It's something I'll never get over I guess.

In the dressing room Abby walks in and it's suddenly silent. Her face looks angry and we're all looking at each other confused. "You guys were phenomenal." She says smiling. We all laugh and smile at her joke. "But it's time for the award ceremony." she says as we head back onstage.

"In third place for overall solos we have Miss Kalani. In second place for overall solos we have Miss Brynn. And in first place for overall solos we have Miss Maesi Caes with Stone Cold." The girls get up to accept their awards but I can tell Brynn and Kalani are not happy. "What dance studio do you come from?" The announcer asks Maesi. "Abby Lee Dance Company!" She says excited. "And who choreographed you're solo?"

"Trinity Anderson!" She says running up to me and hugging me causing me to laugh. "Excellent choreography Trinity." the announcer says causing me to blush in embarrassment. It was time for duos and trios.

"In first place in overall duos and trios we have Jace and Trinity with Ghost!"

Jace and I get up to accept our award smiling. He picks me up and spins me around causing me to giggle.

"In first place in overall group we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with When you were mine!"

"I'm proud of you guys for getting a clean sweep and Maesi you really surprised me. Keep up the good work." Abby says once we get back to our dressing room. We all smile and clap for each other, finally having a decent week for once. "Also the dance video for Jace and Trinity just got released so let's watch it."

Everyone is in tears except for Jace and I. We get hugs and sobs all around. This was awesome!