Molly

When I reach my room in the heart of the castle Molly is waiting in her favorite chair, a worn brown leather arm chair that my mother tried getting rid of because she said it 'has too much stuffing' she was insane. It's the best chair in the castle.

     When she sees me she puts down her knitting needles, allowing the scarf to trail onto the floor. She walks over to me and hugs me she mutters something about me looking upset, she isn't wrong. I ask her what I have scheduled today, trying to get the conversation to change. She lists off a few menial activities, brunch with Mother, Alex, and Margie, Father won't be able to attend, and a meeting with the guard to meet the new recruits stick out to me the most.

     "Any required attire?" Molly knows as well as anyone that I don't like dressing up, ball gowns and tiaras, yuck. I prefer riding boots and pants.

    "Evangeline requested a dress of some sort for brunch," Molly is the only person other than Father who refers to my mother by her real name, Molly's mother was her lady-in-waiting, "mentioned a guest or two," I roll my eyes at that. It's just like Mother to arrange guests without telling me. "As for the guards, however you wish," that's what I like to hear.

     "Ok Molls, what do think for a dress?" I open my closet and rummage through, I've never been great at fashion. Never had the need, I guess.

    "Eva said you were eating in the garden as not to disturb your father's meeting," typical. Just typical.

     "No hoops?" I said hopefully.

    "None. What about this?" She held out a flowing floor length mint green dress with 'goddess sleeves'. That's what Molly and and I call them at least.

    "Sure, how bad is my hair? And do I have to wear a corset?"

    "I'll let your hair down, maybe half up. And not to my knowledge, no."

    "Sweet." I fist pump, normally Mother has me wear a corset for formal things. Victory.

    I dip a cloth in some water and wipe off most the dirt on me. I take off my riding clothes, leaving them on my bed for later, before throwing on the dress and sitting in a short chair for Molly to do my hair. There's never been a day when Molly could reach my hair with us standing. Never. Not when she was hired when I outgrew my nanny at 10. Five years later and she's still standing, and still shorter.

    "How much extra time?" I ask once she finishes.

    "About half and hour, what do you have planned? A visit to the stable boy?" Molly teases.

    "Not this time. I'm think about swinging out to the gate to see if Gale's still there, maybe stop in he kitchen to grab something for him and the newbie."

    "Go for it. If you see Warren tell him hi from me!" She calls out, the second she said sure I was out of there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
What do you guys think of Molly?
What do you think Eva will be like?
Who do you think Alex and Margie are?