Chapter XVIII

DONT BE A GHOST READER, VOTE AND COMMENT. HAPPY READING!

Nate said something under his breath. It sounded more like a growl than words, but I knew he was mad. How couldn't he be? I was devastated myself, but I feared for my life at this point.

"We have to go" he then said, and I looked up at him alarmed.

"Where to?" I asked as Nate tried to pull me up.

"The hospital" he grumbled, and I swallowed.

"No, please. We can't. Nobody can know" I said in a rush. Nate looked at me like I had grown another head

"None of that matters now, Scarlett. You're bleeding, and you could have a concussion. Please let me-"

"Nate, please. Don't take me to the hospital" I begged him, tears spilling shamelessly. Nate growl and pushed my face into his chest and I shut my eyes, breathing in his scent, instantly calming me down.

"Scarlett, we're risking it here. I want to make sure you're not in danger. Please, let me get you checked" he asked me, his head on top of mine. I kept my eyes shut.

"No hospitals, please. My parents can't know. Nobody can know, Nate, please" I begged, trying to keep from sobbing. Nate sighed loudly.

Then he moved quickly and scooped me up in his arms and I hid my face in the crook of his neck. I felt his arms squeeze me against him and I groaned, my body screaming in pain. But I didn't want him to let me go. I wanted to stay here in his warmth until I fell asleep. He ordered the guy that came with me to leave at once before he took me upstairs. He went straight to the bathroom and lowered me to the floor. After turning the water on, he returned to me and slowly unzipped the black jacket I had put on in a desperate attempt to hide my body. Slowly he peeled the sticky material off my body and he sighed when he found more bruises on my chest area. I did have a long sleeve dress so I wasn't panicking yet but you could see the red splashes on my clothes and that alone had me nervous. He then reached for the zipper of my dress and I flinched away from his touch, as I looked away to escape his pained expression.

"Scarlett, please" he asked quietly and i felt my body shake as I took a deep breath. I feared more pain, I feared Nate's reaction when he saw my body. What If he didn't want me anymore?

But I pushed the thoughts out of my head as I allowed Nate to unzip my dress slowly, the coldness of the zipper sliding down my spine, making me shiver.

Then I heard Nate suck in a breath and I knew I didn't have to ask if it was bad. Nate put his flat hand on my back and I flinched.

The dress slipped off me and pooled at my feet, leaving me almost naked aside from my strapless bra and my underwear. Then he turned my around to face him and I felt tears starting to spill once again.

Nate cupped my cheek and caressed my bruised cheek with his thumb

"Please don't cry. I'm here" he whispered and kissed my forehead. With all the patience in this world, he helped me get in the steamy water, the glorious water helping my tense and achy muscles. He helped me shower in silence, his hands helping me scrub the dried blood off my body as gently as possible. My

tears were mixing with the shower, but I knew they were there and that's what counted unfortunately. Nate didn't care he had blood on his shirt or that he was practically getting soaked to the bone by helping me shower, holding me up so I wouldn't fall.

He whispered encouraging words in my ear when I crumbled up once again against him and he held me as I cried, his arms around me protectively. He kissed my tears away and held me under the gentle shower stream as I calmed down, and I trusted him to keep me safe here.