Epilogue

Two years later

I was nervous. So nervous I had been hiding all day, but with Nate there wasn't too much game. We had a dinner date and I was about ten minutes, sick to my stomach just thinking about this. It's been a year since we got married and I still felt as if it was yesterday he came back into my life and confessed his love for me. Now being married to someone I actually loved, I saw marriage with other eyes. I used to think of it as a duty to my family, and my company, but now I knew being with the person you love for the rest of your life is possible.

With sweaty hands I said a prayer and walked inside the restaurant where Nate had made the reservations at. Tonight was our early anniversary dinner before we leave for Paris.

The host welcomed me and guided me toward the back of the restaurant.

When Nate saw me he smiled brilliantly and stood up to kiss me.

"I was starting to think you were going to ditch me, woman" he murmured against my lips and I chuckled, pecking his lips again.

"Almost" I said nervously before sitting down. After Nate ordered some drinks, he reached for my hand and I looked into his eyes with a smile.

"This past year has been the happiest of my life, next you. I never thought you'd accept being my wife after everything that's happened-"

"I just wanted the ring" I said, murmuring under my breath jokingly and he laughed, looking at the shiny ring on my finger.

"I can see that. But you have made me the happiest man, Scarlett. I know it was hard, and I know I betrayed your trust, but I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you, always" he said and I didn't realize I had some tears in my eyes until Nate reached and wipe some, and I chuckled a bit ashamed to be crying.

"I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you, Nathaniel Hatford, but best believe that will never change. I loved you when I was merely twelve years old, and I still love you as strongly as I did back then. And I hope we stay like this, always." I said, my hands grabbing his nervously. He smiled and the waitress brought the glass of whiskey and one of wine and I eyed the glass

"Can I have water?" I asked her quietly before she left.

Nope, Nate is not catching the hint

Well of course not, anybody can ask for water

I cleared my throat

"So"

I couldn't control it

"I had to so show you something, It's not too important but I it kinda is, and I wanted to kinda pass it through you, make sure you're okay with it" I said, not being to stop babbling.

"If its about the roses in the garden, I already said you have tell Jacinto to grow them around the pool" he said, taking a sip from whiskey. I cleared my throat again

"Oh stop with the roses already" I said, chuckling nervously and I reached out and pulled the heavy wrapped object. I wrapped it myself

"You got me a gift" he said, grinning at me from across the table, grabbing the rectangular object that was wrapped in white tissue paper

"Open it"

He tore the paper away and there it was. It was the photo frame with the sonogram picture of our baby.

But his shocked expression was worth billions.

"Please tell me this isn't a joke" he said, a small smile starting to spread on his face. I grinned

"I'm two months pregnant"

Nate jumped from the table, knocking every filled glass on it, and he hugged me so hard my feet left the floor. Soon his lips were meeting mine in a loving kiss.

"I couldn't have asked you more than this. I love you so much Scarlett" he said against my lips and I smiled quietly, cupping his face

"It's gonna be you, the baby and I, forever"

The End

It was a pleasure everybody. Love you all!