Chapter XX

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END. PLEASE READ. HAPPY READINGS! ❤️

After the luggage was brought to the villa, Nate told me to unpack and get ready before we start our little trip. I was so excited I couldn't stop smiling and jumping around. Nate grabbed my hand and walked me to what would be the room we would be sleeping in.

The first my eyes set on was the blue view across from the bed. The thing about this Green island is that everything was white and blue. The walls, the doors, the bed, the rest of the furniture and it made the most beautiful contrast when your eyes would put the ocean and the décor together. Almost as if they were a perfect picture that had been painted on a canvas and it was placed in front of the entrance for me to adore.

The bed had to be at least a king size, maybe whatever comes after king, with fluffy white sheets and small blue pillow. We were surrounded by double doors, opened and letting the fresh cool air in as if it was an AC, and the bright color of the ocean became the focus of the place.

My eyes settled on the blue dots on the bed and when my eyes focused I realized those were blue rose petals. My heart did that heart flip thing that usually happened when I was with Nate. I turned my head slowly and saw Nate smiling down at me.

"You like it?" he asked and pressed his lips to my temple. I leaned back and pressed my back against his front and closed my eyes, enjoying how his tall body molded perfectly with mine. His scent had engraved in the back of my mind and I had gotten used to already, and being in his arms was something I wanted to keep permanent. Now that he was here I didn't want to let him go.

"I love it" I murmured, my hand searching for his. When our eyes met again it didn't take much for Nate to press his lips against mine. Our bodies crashed against each other, yet it felt more delicate than ever. His warm hands touched my back, his fingers skimming under my shirt. He pushed my body back a bit and when I felt the edge of the bed on the back of my knee I let myself fall on the bed, among hundreds of rose petals and Nate's body pressed against mine, his chest pressed against mine, his arms wrapped around me like he didn't wanna let go. His warm lips against mine and his tongue exploring my mouth in a desperate kiss. I found myself wrapping my leg around his waist and he groaned.

"Scar, baby..." he murmured against my lips and I pulled back, my eyes meeting his but my body wanting him. He leaned in again and his lips pressed against mine/

"I have to tell you something" he said, once again interrupting. It seems liked his body wanted to take over, but his brain was telling him to stop. I found myself frowning a bit but kept our body as they were, his face closed to mine as my hand touched his cheek.

"Go on" I whispered, before pressing my lips to his in a peck. He smiled and returned the kiss. Silence embraced us as we kissed here and there but no significant words came out of his mouth.

"Tell me" I whispered, and he sighed with a bit of a smile. If I didn't know better, he looked nervous.

"I um...there's just things that I have to say and get off my chest, but..." he stopped himself to look at me and for once in my life I felt like I was the only girl in the room. When I was with Nate I felt that way, but the look he was giving me right now was one of adoration. But he also looked like he wanted to spill whatever was on his mind but couldn't get himself to do so.

NATE POV

Scarlet. The girl I've been in love with since before I even knew what love really meant. I must admit that bringing her all the way here was partly because I wanted to have her all to myself, without having to be sneaking around. Without having to deal with her piece of shit husband.