Chaper XXV

A/N PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS CHAPTER. WE HAVE ABOUT 1-2 MORE CHAPPIES AND THATS IT. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. HAPPY READING!

PS: the paperwork on top? Yeah I filled those in and took the picture as well ;) I'm a little bit committed to this novel ❤️

LONG CHAPTER!

It's an understatement to say I spent the night tossing and turning. My mind wouldn't shut up, and Nate's begging haunted me. But every time I would feel like I made a mistake, I would remind myself how he had been lying to me for weeks. Nate also added to the restlessness as he called me nonstop, left voicemails. Most of them asked me where I was, that he wanted to come and explain everything. But not once I called him back.

Had I really broken up with him?

Was that it?

My heart begged me to give him a chance, but my brain screamed to stop being dumb. It was true, sometimes we had to listen to our brains and not our hearts. If I forgave him like that, that would only show him that he had been right to sneak around and try to buy my company.

I would not let him. After tomorrow, Andrew was out, and I was in. And there wouldn't be millions that would make me sell the company I was meant to have in the beginning.

The next morning, I got ready quietly and tried to be as cheerful as possible. After taking a shower, I got dressed in a white buttoned-up shirt and a black pencil skirt. I stared at myself in the mirror and saw a business woman, fierce and unafraid. It was time I stopped being so scared to confront Andrew, specially when it involved the divorce and the company in between. As I was just wearing my diamond stud earrings, I decided to keep them on. I didn't have much at the hotel now that I refused to go to Nate's and I wouldn't go to my house alone. After strapping the black heels on, I grabbed my purse, ready to go, but I did not forget the folder Kate had given me. This would come in handy.

On my way to the conference office we had separated for the occasion, I gave a call to Moore. I specified I would like him to keep Nathaniel out of the conference and that he had to answer to me. Nate was no longer involved with my divorce case, I would handle it.

We met half hour later to have coffee and discuss the plan. Well more like the statement that we would present to Andrew and his lawyer. I brought the paperwork that Kate had given me and gave it to Moore to back up my refusal to let anybody else take over the company. If the divorce was settled correctly I would have full take over of my assets.

The conference room was big and too official, and it got me too nervous for my own good.

Thirty minutes later Andrew showed up with his lawyer.

I was glad we were supposed to seat across from each other because lord know what I would've done if I had to seat near him again. Sporting his best suit and a charming smile, he came to say hello. His eyes were on me the whole time, like he was studying me.

"I never thought we'd find ourselves in this situation, Scar" he said quietly, a small smile on his lips, like he was mocking me. I had to remind myself to breathe.

"And why not? You thought I'd be your punching bag forever?" I asked, raising my chin. Andrew's smile was wiped instantly.

"You're making a mistake. You're gonna regret starting this" he murmured quietly, and before I could respond, Moore showed up next to me and pulled me away from Andrew. If my glare could kill he'd be sharing room with fossils underground.

After we sat down, Moore gave a pointed look to Andrew before addressing to his lawyer that I soon learned was named Peter Kurr. So this was the ass that helped Andrew get away with all of this.