Chapter XIX

PLEASE READ A/N at the end! VERY IMPORTANT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️HAPPY READINGS!

My lips turned up slowly when I processed what he said. Greece?

"You're what?" I asked, my hands frozen on his chest. Nate gave a smile and cupped my cheek, his thumb caressing my skin.

"We have some business to take care of there, so I figured we could use the trip to vacation for a bit" he said and I couldn't help but start bouncing in excitement making him crack up

"When? Where? How long?" I asked all the questions so fast he tilted his head a bit.

"We leave on Sunday, we'll be there for a week. We have some business midweek but aside from that we can go sightseeing and I found us an amazing villa in front of the ocean" he said and I swallowed.

"What about everybody? Wont it look a bit suspicious if we both leave like this?" I asked and he shrugged.

"The person that couldn't find out about us already did, what else is stopping us now?" he asked as he stepped back a bit to look at me in the face.

"My family? Yours? Your sister, Nate" I tried to reason with him. As much as I wanted to go away with Nate, this would look too suspicious. Nate sighed and crossed his arms over his chest annoyed, so I went ahead and copied his stance.

"I already told the office I was going to do business through you and only you. So they'll think we're away on business trip. Which is partially true, this does involve you, but this is also a trip I've ben wanting to take and couldn't. Please come with me" he finally said, taking my hands in his. I sighed and thought about it for a minute. Maybe if I made sure they knew this was a business trip...

"What about Andrew?" I asked and Nate growled even at the mention of his name.

"Don't worry about him. He almost killed you, and that's domestic violence. If it were up to me, Scar, he'd be behind bars. But I know this would also involve everybody finding out sooner than we want them to. If we're going to fight this divorce and splitting of assets, we must do it in secret, not while everybody is breathing down our neck" he placed his palm against the side of my neck, his eyes on my skin. Most likely bruises. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him once again as he embraced me. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, in complete silence.

It's funny how destiny plays with you like a cat with a yarn. Its crazy to think that eleven years later after his disappearance we meet again but not as friends, but as lovers. Back when I was twelve I would've never believed Nate and I would end up like this. We went from childhood friends, each with their unspoken feelings towards each other, to meeting once and realizing there was a connection after all. It still surprises me how the second he came back we decided to show our real feelings. Nate took the lead, and I followed right after. I had been so scared, but when you have your best friend, someone you've been in love with forever, telling you they're in love with you, you can't do anything else but spill the guts right after.

I was grateful for that. Although things had gotten more complicated since his arrival, I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I have to ask you something though" Nate said after being in silence with me for some minutes. I pulled back and looked up at him. He had a small smile on his face still.

"Well, go on" I pressed and he nodded once.

"I need to know that we're in this together. That you won't back out because the road gets rocky half way there. I promised you I was going to get you out of this, but I can't get you out of something you don't wanna get out of" he said, shocking me with his words.