Part 1

**This is crossposted on fanfiction.net under my other username rententen. I wanted to give it a try over here because I'm an attention whore and like the way commenting is set up on this site. 😝

Fem!Harry Potter and The Vampire Diaries. Hell yeah. We're going to make a few changes, capisce? As I'm writing this AN, I have no idea what Harry's name will be. Oh well. Anyway, our new Harry will be older than canon Harry was when the war was won. So that literally means more deaths aka more emotional - and prolly physical,  let's be honest - trauma, but that also means that Harry won't be going to high school (like, who wants to do that again?). Let's make her...23...when it ends. I think that's a very respectable age, says the 23 year old author...In order to fit the TVD timeline, let's move HP canon up...just six years (born in 1986 instead of 1980) and extend it 6 years as well. Yay psychological damage. We'll insert our Harry into TVD in September of 2010, because that's when this timeline I found on the internets says that Klaus was hanging around town after breaking his curse and killing his dad.

Let's talk about family relations. So. All my life I thought that Harry's paternal grandparents were Dorea Potter neé Black and Charlus Potter. So it damn near blew my wig off when I find out on Pottermore that his g-parents are Fleamont and Euphemia. Yo. Not cool. I really wanted him(her) to be somewhat closely related to the Blacks. So here's what gonna happen. Fleamont and Charlus are brothers now, savvy? So Dorea is now Harry's Great-Aunt (through marriage), and since she's also Sirius' great aunt...that makes them...cousins? Like third cousins or some shit like that (I wasn't paying attention in class when we learned that). But...I want our Harry to be able to inherit the Black family magic and stuff, and marriage just isn't going to cut it. So. Sirius and James are such bffs that without EVER letting anyone know, they became blood brothers. Magic looked favorably upon them, yada ya, James is a Black by blood, therefore Harry is a Black by blood. Cool. Fixed that to my liking.

Btw, if you didn't catch it earlier, this is a Harry/Klaus story. Because I love my boo Elijah, but I also love Klaus and I think he and Harry would be so good together. So clearly this is AU. Ummm. I'll guess I'll explain the rest in story...See you at the bottom.

Willow Eris Potter was born in the last few seconds before the clock struck twelve midnight on what would be August 1st, 1986. If she had been born to any other family, they might have disregarded the difference and just gone with August 1st. But this was a wizarding family, a magical family, and magicals know that both place and time (even down to the very second) are important, and the knowledge should be recorded strictly. So as the seventh month died, little Miss Potter took her first breath, and lived.

Willow was born to James Fleamont Potter (Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter, Pure Blood), and Lily J. Evans Potter (Smartest-Witch-of-her-Generation, Muggleborn). She was named after Eris, the goddess of chaos and discord, which was a collaborative effort between James and his best mate and blood-brother Sirius Orion Black (disowned heir of the Most Ancient and Pure House of Black, Pure Blood), who wanted to find a name that would lend itself to her future endeavors of mischief making. And since mischief breeds chaos ("only if it's done right" Sirius would say), well, there you have it. Lily, in turn, only allowed the aforementioned middle name since she was the one to choose Willow's first name, in tradition of her own family, a flower. Or rather, a flowering tree.

Willow had a wonderful childhood. She was loved by her parents. Doted on by her honorary Uncles. Everything was perfect. Until her world came crashing down one chilly, chilling, Halloween night. The night that Voldemort came to kill the child he saw as his rival. The Halloween after Willow's first birthday heralded the end of an age. It was the end of happiness and naivety for our heroine. The end of the innocence of one man. The end of a life for two parents. The end of the trust between three friends. And the end of the war for the whole community of wizardkind. Or so they thought.