Part 10

What? Another chapter? I told ya'll it was coming soon. I was just really feeling it today, I guess. Everyone's reviews really helped too. Kind of humorous is some spots, ending with some... fireworks, if you will, so be aware because that's the only warning I'm giving. Lots of love.

"Niklaus. You seem to be in higher spirits than normal. I've learned that this usually does not bode well for the family. What are you up to?" Elijah asked his entirely too happy brother.

"Well Elijah, if you must know... I'm getting married." Klaus practically exclaimed in joy. He was sent back to his home to gather a few items Eris needed for the ritual.

"To whom?" Elijah asked, incredulously.

"To Eris of course. Married. Bonded. Whatever! We'll be spending the rest of our unnaturally long lives together."

"And does she know about this?" Elijah asked, still confounded.

"Of course she does."

"...Did you force her into this, Niklaus?" Elijah asked, seriously. "Because I've gotten you out of a lot of things, but Eris is a witch of a different caliber. I wouldn't be able to weasel you out of any slight you might have caused against her."

"What?! Of course not." Klaus said, affronted. "If anything, she asked me! But if anyone else is wondering, I definitely did the asking." He continued.

"I'm sorry, I'm just having the hardest time wrapping my mind around this. You- She- The two of you had a discussion, and then decided to tie your lives together?"

"Yes."

"But... why?"

"Why does anyone decide to get married Elijah? Honestly." Klaus shook his head.

"You've never been interested in marriage before. Not even long-standing relationships. It's always been travelling and art, with maybe a woman or two in between. Someone to be quickly forgotten about with the lure of new paints."

"Well, I'd never met an Eris before, now did I?" Klaus replied, cheerily, leaving his elder brother reeling.

"I just...I don't understand." Elijah said to an empty room.

"What was that brother?" Kol asked, walking into the room, only to see his eldest brother standing in a daze.

"Nothing makes sense anymore." Elijah replied.

"How so?" Kol asked.

"Tell me. Are we awake?"

"Um. What an odd line of questioning. But to answer: I'm awake. You could be sleepwalking and talking. Not something documented in vampires yet, but hey, you could be the first." Kol joked, slapping his brother on the back. He was surprised Elijah allowed it, as normally he would flash out of the way in order not to be sullied by such "uncouth" behavior. Hell, the slap even jostled his normally unflappable brother. Something was wrong.

"Niklaus just told me something unbelievable, and now I'm not sure if it was real, or all an elaborate hallucination."

"What did he say then?"

"That he was getting married."

"Elaborate hallucination." Kol said, not even needing to think about it.

"Married?!" Screeched Rebekah at the same time, speeding into the room. "Who's getting married? I love weddings." Elijah just shook his head and examined the room around him like he'd never seen any of the items in it before. Kol had to answer his overly excited sister.