Part 11

I bet you all were wondering why I didn't write about the other inhabitants of Mystic Falls last chapter. Well, the thing is, I was going to but...it just didn't come up. You see, that was such a happy, silly, family-oriented chapter, I didn't want to stank it up with the Scooby crew. And sure, I could have added them at the end but, I didn't want to take away from Eris and Klaus' bonding. [applause]

Anyway, if you remember from the chapter before last, Bonnie found a spell to unlink the Originals from their sire lines. If you're confused, think back to canon when Finn was staked and as a result, everyone he sired and who they sired and so on so forth, perished as a result. Now think forward to a 'The Originals' plot, where the sire lines are unlinked. Bonnie found that spell, because why not, but she can't use it until the New Moon. Whereas the Full Moon just passed, and Eris and Klaus have bonded with it. Also, Eris has the uncanny ability to know when someone is trying to fuck with her. I'll just let all that marinate for a bit...

The morning after the bonding was much like the morning after Klaus' first conscious change into a wolf. The clearing was as beautiful as ever, sun shining and birds chirping and little forest dwelling animals being as cute as possible. His muscles were pleasantly sore, there was strange humming in the back of his head, his mate's scent was in his nose, her body was flush against his and again, her voluminous hair had become his pillow throughout the night. All in all, not a bad way to wake up. Not at all.

"Wake up, little witch." He nuzzled into her neck, rubbing his nose against the four fang marks that had healed over that night, but still stood in stark relief against her pale skin. "Or should I say, Mrs. Mikaelson?" He grinned, liking the taste of those words on his tongue.

"I think it would be more accurate to call you Consort Black, or Potter, or Slytherin, or Peverell, seeing as how last night was a magical bonding, not a court recognized wedding." She replied, sleepily, turning to bury her face in his chest. "Someone hasn't asked for my hand in marriage yet," she glared teasingly up at Klaus, "for shame."

"Well, why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free?" Klaus bantered back.

"Did you just call me a cow?" The glare was a bit more sharp this time around, though she didn't move from her spot.

"Not at all. Just wondering aloud when the earliest I could wed my bride would be. I'll need to give Bekah at least three days to plan or she won't speak to me for at least a decade...though that has its merits too." He laughed when Eris hit his chest in reprimand.

"Stop it, Nik. You love her to death." She kept her hand on his chest, rubbing a pattern on his upper right pectoral. "So, you told your family then? I thought we were keeping this on the low for now?"

"I told Elijah. But based on how...flabbergasted he was at the possibility, there's no doubt in my mind that Bekah and Kol know too."

"Well, I can't talk. I called two of my friends back home to share the news. Turns out Sirius was behind me the whole time. That went well." She added sarcastically.

"Well, at least he can't follow through on those torture threats, seeing as I'm his son-in-law now. Gods, and how strange it is, someone younger than me, my father-in-law." He shook his head at the thought.

"Well, he could still try, but our newly bonded connection would nip that in the bud. Your immunity has just levelled up. Some of my magic now resides in you, specifically for defense of spells and the like."

"Oh? How can you tell?"

"Side effect of the bonding ceremony. Kind of a 'what's mine is yours' deal. Plus, my mark is on you."