Part 4

Klaus Mikaelson was brooding at the bar of the Mystic Grille, with a tumbler of bourbon in hand, when she walked in. No, strutted. She definitely strutted. He had been there for a while, bemoaning his life and plotting destruction on the Salvatores and company. He had just gotten everything ready to wake up his brothers and sister. The mansion he so painstakingly designed and refurbished (with his own hands...and help from his hybrids), and the murder of their father who had been hunting them all since their rebirth as creatures of the night. But all of this meant nothing now that Stefan, a man he once called friend, decided to steal the coffins from under his nose. He knew he should have hidden them somewhere else.

So yeah, he was brooding a little bit. He'd earned it. But all that changed the moment he caught a whiff of lightening, and power. Orchids and almonds. And he turned his head to watch the most beautiful creature he'd ever had the pleasure of seeing, walk through the door. And that was saying something, seeing how long as he'd been around. 

She was a petite thing, this woman. But from what he could see, she had curves in all the right places. She was dressed in all black, as if in mourning, from her platform thigh high boots to the shades that hid her eyes from his interested view. Her skin was all cream and roses, nails black to match her clothes and pointed dangerously. What he could see of her face was a masterpiece, he could paint it everyday for a millennium and not get tired of it. Her pouted lips were full and turned down a bit at the corners as if she wasn't a fan of smiling, high aristocratic cheekbones, dark perfectly arched brows, and curly black hair piled atop her head in a bun. Her scent and looks were the epitome of lovely. 

One thing. In addition to the designer tote she was carrying, there was also another burden she had with her. A child. A baby. Wrapped to her chest with a black sling. No matter. He would get to know her. He just needed to amend his thinking to get to know her child as well.

She looked around the Grille upon her entrance, and found herself a seat in a booth near the back.

Eris Black (previously known as Willow Potter) was a bit knackered. She had just flown in from New York, after a flight from London. And while she was happy the House Elves had finished all her moving for her, they weren't quite ready to begin cooking. So she bundled Teddy up, and hopped in her Black Escalade (she liked these American cars, so luxurious and over the top) searching for the nearest watering hole.

You might be wondering why Eris Black didn't just take an International Port-Key to her destination. Long-story short. She was completely done with the Wizarding World and wanted no way for them to trace her to her current abode. Short-story long, after defeating the self-styled Lord Voldemort after years and years of war, Eris didn't want to live a life in the eye of the public. She had always planned to leave the Wizarding World after getting her first taste of unsavory newspeople, but the events of the last six months cemented it for her. She was heralded a hero. Cool. Not that she cared. She was just killing this guy because he was a direct threat to her and her family. Then she was nominated as Most Desirable Bachelorette. Probably something to do with the massive amounts of money she was the sole inheritor of. Then, when she let it be known that she wasn't interested in procreating with any men in the British Wizarding World, she was labelled a Dark Witch. The up and coming Dark Lady.

She wasn't sure how not wanting to shack up with an inbred Brit equated to wanting to take over the world, but there's wizarding logic for you. Whatever. So she disappeared. She left Sirius and Cousin Draco in charge of her magical businesses (they were still hers, but as if she give the British Wizarding World the honor of seeing her face for at least the next ten years), she remained in charge of her muggle holdings, found a lovely manor Sirius owned in a seemingly quiet American town, packed up her son, through blood-magic, Teddy, and left. She didn't want them, nor need them.