Part 5

Hi everyone! Here goes the next installment of our Klaus/Eris-Willow-Harry (she has so many names, it's great) adventure. Here's their first actual date, him dropping in on her at the Grille could count, but this was actually scheduled. We're getting into some truths today! 

So, just in case I've been confusing you guys with the multiple names I use, Imma break it down for you. Eris Black is Willow Potter's new legal name. If you talk to the Goblins, they'll have all her names that she's ever had in her file, but she's starting a new leaf and this is her new name in this new town.

As for Klaus, he thinks of himself as Klaus, so when the narrator is speaking about him, it will say 'Klaus.' But Eris calls him 'Nik' and other people may call him 'Niklaus.' It's not me being crazy and forgetting which name I called him, but different people saying different things.

And about the point of view. I'm trying to make it third-person (almost not quite omniscient), so sometimes it has what people are thinking in it, even though it's not technically their point of view. I just didn't want anyone to get confused because it's kind of a different writing style that I'm trying. I usually stick with first person and then just switch the POV if I want something from another perspective to be known. Anyways...

"Well, love. Tell me more about yourself. I'm finding that I crave to know more about the mystery that is Eris Black." And he wasn't lying. The people he had put on the case find more about Eris Black, while they did find her records (forged by Goblins though he didn't need to know that), couldn't find any really personal information on her. It was very odd, like she didn't exist outside of her records. For the first time since Katerina ran from her place in the ritual, Klaus didn't get exactly what he wanted. Which this time was information about her.

"Now, now Nik. I don't want to divulge all my secrets right away. I've been told that it's the mystery that keeps things interesting." She smiled a sly smile. They had a lovely dinner filled with small talk and watching Teddy's antics, who was already highly enamored with Klaus. They had now retired to the sitting room with drinks, speaking quietly with each other while Teddy was nestled on the couch next to them, within a barrier of pillows, fast asleep. Klaus chuckled quietly.

"I've a feeling I wouldn't be able to get through all your secrets in just one sitting, love."

"You'd be right, sir. What did you want to know?"

"Tell me about your childhood?" He suggested. She hesitated a moment, not in fear of being rejected (she lived the way she lived, and survived it, there was no need for her to be ashamed), but to find a way to word it.

"I grew up in a place just outside of London, Surrey it's called. It was very...lonely."  She settled on.

"That's right, you said you had no siblings. Any friends then?"

"Honestly, the only friends I had for the longest were the snakes in the garden and the books in the library. I wasn't antisocial per say, I just didn't have any chances to make friends. It wasn't until I went away to boarding school that I made some actual human friends my age." She smiled in fond remembrance of the friends she'd made and lost. "What of you Nik?" She changed the spotlight from herself to him. "How was growing up for you?"

"It had it's moments. I grew up here. It's a small town. My siblings and I grew up exploring the forests and getting berated by our parents when we didn't get back home in time. Some of us were berated more than others." He added as an afterthought. "Talking about parents, you speak fondly of your father. How is it that you let him send you off to boarding school?"

"Well, the man I call my father now, is actually my godfather. Whom I didn't meet until after I was twelve and had already been at the school for a good two years. I was orphaned, you see. And the house I lived in was...not a home. To put it lightly."