Part 12

Oh you guys. Man. I wanted to get an update out earlier, but honestly, I've had a lot on my mind. Here's the skinny. My former job– I hated. Never have I ever despised a job so much in my entire life. But, you know, I need to make that money because money makes the world go 'round. That's not to say that I wasn't actively looking for a new job, because you never quit a job until you have a new one ready and waiting for you. That's just common sense. However, I'm convinced there was a curse on my position. I shit you not, I put in over 30 job application over the 2 years that I'd been stuck at that soul-sucking job, and not a one had even deigned to call me back. And these were jobs that I was more than qualified for, not some maybe-if-all-the-stars-align-I'll-have-a-chance job.

So, I put in an application at the end of April (actually 13, but who was counting). And I was like, they're desperate for someone, they have 13 of the same position open, of course they'll call me right away, they have to. They did not call right away. Work continued to suck. But then they did call! A month after I submitted the application. And we set up an interview a mere five days after the call. And I smashed that interview. In fact, they had me sign a waiver and gave me a wonderful tour throughout the facility at the end of said interview. Why would they even waste time to do that if they weren't gonna hire me, right? Then I went home and waited by the phone. I floated in happiness for a few days, then my insides were tied in knots because NO ONE CALLED ME BACK. But then, I received a call from the recruiter, he was checking my job history, and he asked if I was still interested in the job (of course I was, just put me out of my misery already), and said that HR would be contacting me soon (which they did). Ya girl's got a new job ya'll! I started it at the beginning of last month, and y'all training is intensive. Thanks a bunch for being so supportive during my couple month break, and for asking about me and stuff to make sure I was still alive. I appreciate it. Have a new chapter.

Previously on ... The Hybrid and His Mistress... Klaus and Eris have finally bonded. Yay! They were getting ready for their formal wedding when Eris gets a foreboding feeling. Klaus isn't too worried about it though because he's a Mikaelson and people are always out to get him. No one's succeeded yet. Meanwhile, Caroline was having a crisis, tell the Mikaelsons what her friends have planned or go along with her friends (that are terrible at being actual friends). She chooses to tell the Mikaelsons what she knows, which saves her and her mother's lives. Salvatores and Co. go ahead with their plans to unlink the Original's sire lines and kill off the Originals that way.

What do you know, but Klaus was right, nobody's gonna kill his family tonight, and it is all thanks to Eris. With their bonding, Eris has shared with Klaus magical protection, meaning the spell Bonnie used has no effect. Everyone is still sired. This revelation makes some of the vampires run away in fear. The others are too bullheaded and stay to fight. Unsurprisingly, the Mikaelsons dominate, and Eris puts a cherry on top by beheading the Salvatores (as promised) and permanently removing Bonnie' s powers (for funsies). Klaus is suitably turned on by his to-be-wife's prowess and is hard pressed to keep his hands to himself.

"I'm nervous. Are you nervous?" Eris asked Klaus, as she paced in front of their bed. Since neither of them wanted to relinquish either of their beautiful homes in Mystic Falls, they decided to split time between them both. Quite easy to do when magic and super-speed were involved. Klaus watched her movements from beneath the sheets, he was propped up at the head of the bed, lids lowered in lust as he tracked her movements like she was his prey. In a way, she was. After her phenomenal performance in the town square, Klaus had scooped her up and sped her to their home, where he proceeded to lick her clean, as promised, before getting her dirty again. They had christened the kitchen – he had to make a detour there to store the Salvatores' heads in the fridge, the bathroom, the bedroom, then a different bathroom, before ending up in their bedroom again where Klaus was now nude beneath the sheets – tracking his prey – and Eris was pacing, clad only in one of his shirts.