VIII.Kisses on Screen

"All right everybody, it's going to take about an hour to reset the scene, so Mads, Reed, you can take a break." Sawyer said from the director's chair.

I tried not to make eye contact with Mads between scenes, since I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I had had a crush on him since I was fifteen, and Sawyer knew that so he waved me down and patted his lap. I felt a little rude not saying anything to Mads but I just walked off.

A lot of people thought Sawyer and I were in a relationship but it took some convincing that we were only friends. Really good friends. Really Good.

I walked over to him and leaned on his lap. His director's chair seemed a lot more comfy then mine. I faced the screen that was in front of him and watched what he was watching. The scene that Mads and I had just filmed that I ruined because I am a clumsy amateur. Sawyer wrapped his arms around me and I watched the screen as I not only messed up my lines but tripped and ruined the bookshelf that was in the frame.

"Hey don't worry. We're going to fix it. You did fine." He said as he held me closer.

"You're just saying that. I don't think I'm ready for this 'leading role' yet."

He nudged me and I could feel his smile as he pressed his face into my shoulder.

"C'mon, you're a little nervous because you're the main focus of attention, and you're a lot nervous because you have to share scenes with..." he trailed off and laughed, "your 'future husband'." He quoted fifteen year old me which made me laugh. "Besides," he continued, "It's too late to find anyone else."

"Oh shut up."

Our laughter drew attention to us and a couple of people looked suspiciously at Sawyer and I, considering he had his arms around me. I could feel his assistant, Jill, burn a hole from the jealous glare she was giving me. I sighed and let go of him.

"I'm going to go outside." I started walking off.

"You're not going to smoke are you?" He yelled.

I raised my hand in the air and quickly grabbed my bag that I had laid on a random table.

"Whatever." I yelled back.

When I got outside I sat down underneath the canopy that was pitched for lunch. I grabbed the book out of my bag and started reading. I was able to read a page before I saw a couple of prop guys haul in a new bookshelf. I mentally face palmed myself when out of nowhere I caught the whiff of tobacco and smoke. I looked over my shoulder and saw my co-star, my teenage crush, Mads Mikkelsen smoking over my shoulder.

"Hi."

He said with the cigarette tipping out of his mouth.

"Hello." My voice cracked and I closed the book.

"What are you reading?" He asked as he walked around the table and sat next to me.

"1954."

"Is'nt that the movie you were in?" He took a long drag of his cigarette and placed it on the ash tray that Sawyer had so strategically placed in every vicinity that he figured Mads would be. My stomach was doing flips and it wasn't just because of the smell.

"No. Well yeah but, I was in 1953. The movie is based off of this series but I'm reading 1954, which is the sequel." I managed to stammer out of myself.

Mads just smiled and reached for the book.

"May I see it? I saw some of the movie. My daughter loved it. She was even excited when she knew I was going to meet you."

I handed him the book as steady as I physically could.

"Me? Really? Wow."

He took the book and laid it on his lap. He then grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of his jacket pocket and popped one into his mouth. Then he reached out the pack and offered me one. I slowly nodded my head back and forth, even though I really wanted one.