Chapter Eighteen

‘Congratulations,’ Hermione beamed as she hugged Ginny and Harry, she handed them a card that she had kept in her purse, ‘you look lovely with that ring, Ginny. You really suit it.’

‘Thank you, Hermione,’ Ginny said and smiled down at the dazzling ring. Harry placed an arm around her waist as she looked up to Hermione, ‘some people are coming over to our apartment to have a party after this since Mum won’t let us stay up so long. She’s really tired... anyway, will you come too?’

‘Sure, I’ll be there for a while,’ Hermione nodded and they smiled at her, ‘It’ll be fun.’

‘Great, it’ll be in half an hour I guess. Mum looks like she could fall into bed right now,’ Ginny chuckled looking at Mrs Weasley, who was looking very tired as she tried to talk to some guests.

‘Sure,’ Hermione grinned and stepped off of the stage as others were waiting patiently to congratulate Harry and Ginny, ‘I’ll see you there then.’

She turned around and roamed her eyes over to Fred again. He was standing next to a young man with brown curly hair who seemed to be handing him drinks and drinking himself. Fred was still drinking which made Hermione sigh. Hermione didn’t recognise the man with the curly brown hair but she hardly recognised anyone here. Most of the people were cousins and family friends. Hermione turned her back on Fred and spotted Ron sitting with Neville. She made her way over to them.

---

‘Here, take this, mate.’

Freed didn’t turn around. He stared at Hermione, who was hugging Harry and Ginny. He felt another wave of guilt surge through him like tidal waves at a beach. How could he be so stupid and say all the things that he knew would make her upset, even if she didn’t want to show it. Hermione was brave when she wanted to be. He didn’t want her to be upset because of him and his angry outburst. Fred thought Hermione looked beautiful in the dress but what really irked him was Ron when he hugged Hermione or even talked to her. He knew he shouldn’t be jealous but he really couldn’t help it. He loved her too much.

*Fred’s recap at his apartment*

‘I’m sure you wouldn’t care if I die,’ Hermione stated just as Fred had had enough and was about to slam the door shut.

Those words caught him off track. He opened the door again and Hermione’s frustrated expression didn’t change. He searched her beautiful brown eyes. Surely she didn’t think he didn’t care about her?

‘Don’t say that,’ Fred whispered and she only scowled at him. He felt as though he should say sorry. He should tell her that she meant more than the world to him. That he loved her more than anyone.

She glared at him and held up five fingers, ‘you have five minutes. Hurry up and...’

Fred frowned at her as she stopped in the middle of her sentence. Hermione was looking at something behind Fred with a puzzled, but still frustrated, expression. Fred turned around and spotted Alana hiding behind the door, her eyes found his and at that moment he glared at Alana. She was making everything so much worse!