Chapter Thirty-Three

*Draco’s POV*

Blaise watched as Draco collapsed onto the sofa, hands over his eyes. He had frown lines on his forehead which meant Draco was hung-over. Blaise had seen those frown lines too many times. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filled it with water and picked out two pills that  he frequently used for a hang over cure.

‘Here, drink it,’ Blaise sat in front of Draco who was supporting a full on migraine. Draco took no time in swallowing the pills and draining the water as Blaise shook his head. He had to say something before this got out of hand although Blaise knew Draco never listened to anyone but himself, ‘not cool, mate. You can’t drink every night and then bring a girl home to my house. I can kick you out of here, you know.’

‘But you won’t do that,’ Draco stated, leaning his head back on the comfortable pillow and hoping that his headache would disappear although, he learned from previous experiences, it never does, ‘you need money, which I have.’

‘True,’ Blaise shrugged. That was the only reason Blaise was letting him stay in his house. Money. Draco didn’t care though, he was working on getting his own house back. Blaise shook it off and narrowed his eyes at him, ‘so tell me. This morning when I came to wake you up – or, you know, check if you were even alive – you said something in your sleep.’

‘Oh yeah?’ asked Draco, only half listening to him as his mind was floating around last night and... Granger, ‘what did I say?’

‘Her name,’ Blaise said rather impatiently, waving his hand as though it was nothing interesting, ‘like you always do but you said something after that.’

He knew who Blaise was referring to when he said “her”. Astoria Greengrass, of course. Draco missed her although he would never admit it when he saw her. They had been married for a couple of months but Draco soon fell deep into the pit of despair. He fell in love with her. She was perfect in every way. Astoria could make Draco do whatever she wanted, all she had to do was call his name and he would run to her like a puppy running to its owner. They had a huge fight two weeks ago when she found out that she was pregnant. The fight got pretty hectic. She didn’t want the child but Draco wouldn’t let her give it away. She filed for divorce and the child would be Draco’s once it was born. Their story was over but Draco was still in love with her. Astoria, on the other hand, cursed him any chance she got.

 ‘Are you going to tell me or-’ Draco said, getting annoyed at his riddles. The smallest thing seemed to annoy him especially since it seemed like small beavers were attacking the inside of his head and light seemed to blind him.

 ‘You said Granger,’ Blaise said, turning to face him as Draco’s face contorted into an expression of disgust, ‘never thought you would sleep with a mudblood.’

‘I didn’t sleep with her. I... I met her when I was in Diagon Alley. She was just standing there and... I don’t know what came over me. I leaned in and I...’ Draco looked at Blaise who raised his eyebrows in a way to say that’s-no-excuse. Draco felt disgust rise in his throat as he said the next words, ‘I kissed her. She stood on my foot so I let go of her and she... she slapped  me.’

‘Why the bloody hell did you kiss her?’ asked Blaise, raising his hands and shaking his head at him, looking at him as though he were the craziest man on earth, ‘have you seen her lately? She gained a few pounds and she’s still a mudblood.’