t h r e e

rosé wasn't gonna lie, she loved when lisa and she acted the way they were before. like a couple. everything felt better to rosé when they were together in the first place.

"lisa, stop," rosé protested when she felt lisa's hand, rubbering up and down her thigh under the dinner table. their moms were currently getting dinner set and going back and forth to the kitchen and dinner table every now and then. "you're gonna get us caught."

lisa only smirked and continued rubbing rosé's thigh. she couldn't help it. rosé made her feel some type of way that she couldn't explain. it was just surreal that she could be with rosé because lisa never imagined having a girl crush nor ever dating a girl.

"sorry, i'll stop. for now." lisa smirked.

rosé didn't do anything, but blush and try to hide it. lisa had been messing around with rosé recently a lot. it wasn't a bad thing to lisa, but rosé didn't want their moms finding out about them. they were about to find out about them one day when lisa had pecked rosé's cheek, not noticing that their parents were in the house.

"okay, we're all set. now, let's dig in." lisa's mother had grabbed the salad first then, she passed it around to rosé's mother.

"so how was you guys' day with each other?" lisa's mother asked.

"um," rosé started off. at first, rosé was cool with answering the question until lisa had spoke up right after her. "it was nice, we finally hung out as sisters like you wanted us to." lisa smiled.

more like girlfriends. rosé rolled her eyes, playfully.

"that's good. anyways, you guys start school pretty soon." rosé's mother said as she took a bite of her salad.

"really?" rosé gasped. she really missed her friends that went there, especially her best friend, jennie. jisoo was like her second best friend, but she had met jisoo after she met jennie.

"yeah." lisa's mother smiled after seeing rosé's cheerful reaction.

"why," then there was lisa. she wasn't ready for school at all. yeah, she had really good friends, but school just wasn't for her. she would rather be homeschooled. "can you guys just let us be homeschooled?"

"lisa, public schools are best for children. they're lessons for the real world and they give you an education. some homeschooled children aren't really familiar with the real world since they've been kept in, but some not all." rosé's mother stated.

"well, i've been in two public schools and to me, that's enough." lisa said, smartly before eating her food.

"wait until you get to college, it's fun, but yet, it's challenging."

"i can't wait for college."

"well, i hope that your dream college excepts girls who date their stepsisters."

rosé choked on her drink. did her mother really just say that to her? once rosé finally calmed down, she looked at everyone's facial expression, but it wasn't the expressions that she thought she would get. "rosé, are you okay?" lisa asked.

"yeah, um, lisa, can i talk to you in private?" rosé asked as she smiled at her moms, who looked at her with worried expressions on their faces.

"yeah, sure."

once rosé and lisa nowhere in sight, rosé started panicking. "lisa, we need to stop doing this."

lisa was slightly confused by what she meant because they weren't doing anything, but having a talk. "stop what?"

"you know what i mean. it's so wrong that even my mind is tricking me to make it stop." rosé said, stopping in between her paces. lisa didn't see anything wrong that was going on with them. it's not like they were actually related so, it wasn't incest. "lisa, you even know that we shouldn't be doing this."

"i don't know what is so wrong about us, rosé. we both love each other so much." lisa argued.

"look, can we please just stop for a little while. my mind can't take this." rosé stopped pacing. lisa was upset.

"no, i want this and i know you want this. weren't you the one who wanted to still be in a relationship even after our parents got married?"

rosé was shocked that lisa went back in time, but she did know this was coming. "yeah, but you were the one to say that we shouldn't be doing this." rosé shot back.

"yeah, but now, i changed my mind. i want you, rosé." lisa grabbed rosé's arms.

"someday, our moms are gonna adopt a child. what are we supposed to do when that child finds out about us?" rosé wiggles her arms out of lisa's grip and crossed her arms.

"how do you even know they're adopting? and if that child finds out about us, we will do whatever it takes to keep that child quiet." lisa demanded.

"lisa—," rosé spoke, but lisa was already walking away. "you know what rosé, just forget about it."

rosé stayed in the corner, still upset. lisa wasn't thinking about anything, but herself. she was the one who convinced rosé to let their parents love come first when rosé wanted a relationship, but that changed. badly.

rosé made her way back to the dinner table. lisa was playing around with her food, picking it up and then, placing it back down. when she seen rosé come back, lisa dropped her fork and made an excuse of not being hungry and just like that, she left.

rosé sunk into her chair because this was all her fault, but lisa did play a part in at least half of it.

"rosé, is something bad going on between you and lisa?" lisa's mother asked. she grabbed rosé's mother hand, worriedly. being the newlyweds they were, this was the one thing that they didn't want to happen between rosé and lisa.

"no, it's fine. she's just a little upset." rosé lied as she soon began to play around with her food. "actually really upset."

"about what?"

"you wouldn't understand and it's a really long story."

the moms only nodded, noticing that rosé wasn't really in the mood to talk. after a few minutes, rosé got tired of playing around with her food and decided to leave the dinner table, heading to her room. when she got upstairs to her room, lisa was standing in her doorway, glaring at her before she decided to shut her door.

"whatever." rosé rolled her eyes.

relationships suck.

•••

A/N: My side of town had a really strong earthquake last night, but thankfully, no one got hurt and I don't think any houses got destroyed, but yeah, everything's fine. Anyways, thanks for reading and I know this chapter sucked.