f o u r

on the last day before school started, rosé and lisa still didn't make up. only glares were always shared between the two, nothing else. not even a small little smile, just glares. rosé would roll her eyes at lisa every now and then, then next thing you know, it was lisa rolling her eyes at rosé.

of course, the moms were worried. this is when they started thinking that maybe they shouldn't have gotten married, but giving up wasn't always the option and the girls were just friends less than a week ago.

"girls, what's the matter?" rosé's mother finally spoke. she really wanted to hang out with the girls before they started school, but how could she go if the girls were going to be separated from each other all day?

when the girls heard the question, they both shrugged their shoulders and went back to whatever they were doing. lisa was in the living room while rosé was in the kitchen, eating a snack.

"well, whatever it is, you guys need to fix it. you're sisters, sisters don't act like this."

sisters.

the one word that both rosé and lisa couldn't stand being called because they weren't and they couldn't live up to that name. they just weren't that. they were a broken up, angry, and young couple that couldn't stand being sisters.

rosé shivered when she heard that name and lisa seen it. she smirked and went back to surfing all the channels. rosé finished eating and tried to make her way to her bedroom, but her mother stopped her.

"hey, where are you going? you and lisa are going to solve this right now."

rosé sighed and made her way over to the living room, but she made sure she sat on a different couch from lisa.

"so when did this fight happen?"

"what fight? we never had a fight, we just had our differences towards each other's decision so, now we stand separate." rosé explained, smartly. rosé wasn't the type to get smart so she apologized when she seen her mother's reaction.

"well, what kind of differences?" lisa's mother asked.

"well, i really wanted. . ." rosé really couldn't believe that lisa was about to tell their parents that they secretly were in a relationship and now, she wants to end it, but lisa doesn't. rosé started shaking her head to try and get lisa's attention, but of course, lisa wasn't paying attention to her. "to hang out with rosé today, but she said that she didn't want to because she wanted to hang out with her friends instead." lisa lied.

the way she ended her sentence made rosé even more upset when lisa pretended to pout. rosé's face was turning red and her knuckles were turning white from squeezing her hands into fists. "that's so not true."

"so, then what is true?" rosé's mother asked, crossing her arms.

rosé didn't know what else to do, expect go with lisa's lie. it's not like she could just tell her parents that she was secretly dating her stepsister on the spot—, well no, she could, but she knew lisa and her would be grounded and separated from each other for the rest of their lives. it's not like she didn't wanna be with lisa, because she did, but that would be selfish if she only cared about her love life instead of her mother's.

"i said that i would have a little sleepover with lisa tonight while i hang out with my friends now, but obviously, it's too late and jisoo's probably having her beauty rest." rosé leaned back and crossed her arms.

the moms simply chuckled about foolish they were to think that the girls were in a serious argument. it was all about not spending time with each other, equally. wow!