e i g h t

rosé and lisa were at home, relaxing until things started getting quite heated between the two. rosé sat in lisa's lap while the two held hands. right now, they didn't care if their mothers had seen them in this position, things just felt better when they were together.

"jisoo and jennie made up," rosé read the text that appeared on her phone screen from jisoo. "that means things will go back to normal." rosé squealed.

"will they?"

"what do you mean, lisa?"

"things will never go back to normal for us."

"i know." rosé smiled, sadly. there's nothing that they could to ever bring things back to what they were. love was the only thing that was seen between lisa and rosé's mothers. nothing could stop true love.

•••

rosé had woken up the next day with lisa, sleeping in the crook of her neck. by the sun getting close to its set outside, it had to be the beginning of the afternoon. rosé can't believe she slept this late. she wonders when she went to sleep last night and why did she go to sleep so late.

rosé's thoughts were interrupted when she heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. she was pretty sure it was her mother by the way she had gently knocked on her door. rosé gently pushed lisa off of her shoulder which then turned into lisa waking up.

"hey, girls. did you get a good night sleep?" rosé's mother sat down on the end of rosé's bed. she looked around rosé's room, remembering that her baby girl was growing up, but she's so blessed to finally get third one.

"yeah." lisa smiled as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. lisa was the last person in the house to fall asleep. it was rosé first, then rosé's mother, lisa's mother, and finally lisa. she was too busy trying to finish some shows on netflix, but eventually, did fall asleep during one episode.

"rosé, yeah, but you, lisa, i caught you watching one of your tv shows late last night when i came back from using the restroom. it was like, four in the morning." rosé's mother exposed lisa, but that's what she gets for staying up almost the whole night. lisa's cheeks and ears turned red being exposed. it was a laughing sight to rosé and her mother.

"my tv shows are the best, okay," lisa defended herself. rosé and her mother only laughed more which eventually made lisa start laughing herself. "okay, okay, i'll go to sleep next time."

"alright, go freshen up, we're going out to eat lunch."

•••

jennie's still here and i don't know what to do or say. -jisoo

jisoo, she might be your crush, but she's also your long-time best friend. there's things you can talk to jennie as your best friend and not as a girl i have a crush on. -rosé

thanks. -jisoo

rosé placed her phone in her back pocket as her and her family walked around the mall. strangely, she had the urge to try and grab lisa's hand, but their mothers were literally walking behind them.

"i really wanna hold your hand, right now." rosé whispered to lisa. lisa smiled and 'accidentally' brushed her hand against rosé's. it made both girls chuckle.

"hey, girls, the restaurant is right here."

lisa and rosé followed their moms into the italian restaurant. the sight of other people's food made rosé's stomach growl. she hadn't eaten all day, unlike lisa, who had some noodles before they left. rosé thought eating before going out to eat was a dumb idea, but right now, she felt like lisa's idea was right.