s e v e n

friday wasn't as bad as you would think unless, you didn't count in jennie and jisoo. jisoo never forgave jennie and jennie was slowly giving up on her making up with jisoo again. she tried texting her, following her while apologizing over and over again, and making lisa or rosé at least help her in the process, but jisoo just wasn't in the mood.

"jisoo's never ever been this distant from me." jennie sighed as she sat down next to lisa. she pulled out her phone, pressing on the text icon, going to jisoo's box. "look, she won't even answer my text. i thought that texting would be better since she doesn't have to see my face, but no, she doesn't even wanna talk at all." multiple texts appeared from her, but none from jisoo.

"yeah, but at the same time, you did show her how much nayeon mattered to you more than she did—,"

"that's so not true. if she wasn't so quiet around me, nayeon wouldn't be all over me," jennie disturbed lisa's reasoning. "and just so you know, nayeon doesn't mean that much to me, she's just a friend. jisoo's my best friend and there's no competition, whatsoever." jennie explained, furious by the thought of jisoo getting jealous over nayeon.

"i think it's quite strange how you talk better than your actions," lisa only earned a glare from jennie after the said that. "look, if you really want jisoo to believe you then, you need to show her how you really feel—matter of fact, how do you really feel about jisoo?"

jennie was confused. she never actually thought of jisoo as someone more than a friend, she was just her best friend. there were days where jennie would think about her and jisoo as a loving couple, but jennie was sure that jisoo didn't think of her that way.

"i don't know. do you know how jisoo feels about me?" jennie curiously wondered how jisoo really felt about her, too.

"that's something that you have to find out, yourself." lisa smiled. she remembers when she and rosé were like this. they were both very curious about if the other had liked them back, but in the end, everything just worked out for them until their mothers found out that things could work for them, also.

"wow, you make things really hard for me."

"if anything, i'm helping you which by the way, i don't have to, but you're one of my best friends so, i'll do it." lisa was slightly offended. the girls both chuckled after and hugged before continuing their day.

finally, school was over, yet jennie and jisoo still didn't make up, sadly. jennie was planning on what to do while jisoo was simply making her way home to her brother and sister.

"jennie, what should we wear to the party?" nayeon approached jennie as she had just closed her locker, facing her now. jennie sighed, not knowing how to tell nayeon that she wasn't going anymore, but she had to get over of letting nayeon get her way with her. "i'm not going anymore." jennie decided to just let it out. she couldn't play nice anymore. playing nice made her lose her best friend.

"what, why?"

"because i just don't want to go anymore."

"jennie, we never hang out anymore." nayeon whined. jennie scoffed because whatever was just said by nayeon, it definitely wasn't true.

"yes we do, nayeon. i just don't wanna go to the party." jennie grabbed her bag and walked away. it was as simple as that, jennie needed a break.

•••

jisoo was at home, doing her homework while her younger siblings were asleep. it was pretty late at night, but jisoo didn't care. she would rather do her homework now, instead of doing it the day before it was due. jisoo wasn't the procrastinator type. jisoo placed her pencil down, reaching for her phone that had just vibrated.

can we please talk? -jennie

jisoo sighed. even though she felt bad for ignoring jennie for almost a whole week, she didn't wanna really deal with her right now. she was tired, hungry, and sleepy. she hadn't been eating for a couple of days which made her stomach growl almost twenty-four seven.

no. -jisoo

before jisoo could even put down her phone, jennie had texted her again about the same thing.

jisoo, you're my best friend and i'm sorry for ever putting nayeon over you. -jennie

it doesn't matter. -jisoo

jennie sighed. it was really cold tonight, yet jennie was still sitting outside in her car. her car was parked right across from jisoo's house. jennie remembered what lisa had told her. actions speak better than words. if it wasn't for those words, jennie would still be texting jisoo from home right now.

"let's do this, jennie." jennie smiled as she grabbed the pizza box and walked across the street to jisoo's door. she remembers when jisoo said that she would be alone with her siblings this weekend so, she decided that tonight was a good night to fix things.

she knocked softly on the door, not wanting to wake up the little ones. once she heard both locks of the door unlock, she smiled and stood straight.

"jennie, what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be at joy's party with nayeon?" jisoo opened the door, shocked to see the person that she was just texting at her door. jennie looked cold just looking at the red cheeks.

"i'm to talk to you over some pizza. now, can i come in, it's really cold out here." jennie shivered. jisoo took the box from jennie and opened the door wider for her to come in.

"so, what do you wanna talk about?"

"us."

"okay, go ahead."

"i know it might look like i'm choosing nayeon over you, but the truth is that i would never do that. nayeon hasn't been there for me like you have. she could never take your spot because i love you way too much for that. i'm sorry for being a bad best friend, do you forgive me," jisoo sighed as she swallowed the bite of pizza. jennie knew her apology was weak. "please?" jennie poked her bottom lip out.

jisoo chuckled. "i forgive you."

jennie smiled and pulled jisoo into a tight hug. once they pulled apart, only smiles were being shared between the two while their eyes were somehow locked, looking into the other's eyes.

"oh, and if it makes you feel any better, i told nayeon i wasn't going to the party with her so i could be with you. remember, i love being with you."

something about that sentence made jisoo's heart flutter a bit, but jennie came to apologize just for being a bad best friend and not for being such an oblivious person to jisoo's feelings. it made her quite sad, but not everyone gets everything that they want.

"let's have a movie night." jisoo covered up her broken heart and pulled jennie with her towards the couch.

although, there was a forgiven friendship that night, there was still forgotten feelings behind the friendship. something that still angered jisoo very badly, something that jennie just was unsure about.