Chapter 6

Chloe POV:

"YOU HAVE TO DO IT CHLOE!" Michael screamed. "Ask her out~" He added.

But that was earlier.
Now I walk down a path with Brooke nervously. She glances at me then grabs my hand. I try not to cry or do anything that Jeremy would do. I feel comfort as our hands effortlessly melt into one and other, the warm soft hand of the most beautiful living thing I could ever imagine holding my hand. I couldn't ask for anything better. "We should sit here." Brooke says pointing to a grassy spot under the stars and near a pond. It was perfect.Just like Brooke.I nod in agreement as I help her lay down the blanket. She opens the picnic basket and hands me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I take it and smile. "Thanks" she nods taking a bite of her sandwich. We sit there just enjoying the peacefulness. The stars however couldn't even compare to the beautiful girl that lay next to me.
"If I do something weird will you promise not to hate me?" Brooke said sitting up to face me. I smile "Brooke, I could never hate you." I say and giggle. I could tell she was very tense and worried. She was really scared.
She cupped my cheeks into her palms and planted a kiss onto my lips quickly before breaking away the contact. "Brooke." I said.The smaller girl began packing up the picnic basket and blanket while muttering "I'm s-sorry..." She was crying. Then as fast as possible she ran away. "Brooke! Wait!" I call. But she had already gone.

I wish she had stayed.

I sigh and begin crying myself, I started to head home but then noticed something. She had left her favorite yellow sweater on the ground. I picked it up and examined it while wiping a tear from my eye. In the pocket was a picture of us.Together. It was last year during lunch. I had never seen it before. I clutched the photo and began to head home.