Chapter 4: Past relationships

She doesn’t…

“Anyway why are you guys here?” Katsumi asked looking at the side, not bothering to see their worried faces.

But then I ran in pass the 3 male. I just ran, ran to the nearest comfort room to just hide till school ends, I just have to think for a while.

“Has Katsumi… forgotten about me?” I breathed out as I went in the cubicle and sat there at the toilet.

I remembered everything about Katsumi, how she was kind to others, always smiling and playing childishly. I always noticed her, her silky black hair jumping alongside her, and her eyes black as the darkest night, when met by the light, shows stars above them.

Yes, I have a crush on her. I’ve been in BMA as long as Katsumi’s. But the truth is; she wasn’t the first girl I liked. There were many others.

I became friends with Chiaki and Hatori because of our parents being good friends back then too. We three always played together during weekends, we learn in different schools. The girl I first liked was in third grade, she was really pretty and I became friends with her instantly. When I introduced her to Chiaki and Hatori, it went wrong. I confessed that I like her the next day after their meeting, but she denied me, she said she likes Hatori. 

I didn’t know how they instantly like Hatori or sometimes Chiaki before. I kept on doing the same routine when I have someone I like up till seventh grade, that’s the year Ritsu and the others showed up, we were all so close together but...

When the last girl I last introduce to them denied me once more, it then struck me that the reason they always choose my friends instead of me, including Masamune and the others.

I removed my contacts with them till then. My heart was crushed by what they did to me. How could they like someone they just met? Why them when they’re from a different school? What do they have that I don’t!?

And that’s where Katsumi stepped in…

~*~Flashback~*~                                                                                                                                                                 

I was crying by the sakura tree behind the school’s library I hugged my knees as I cry more. It was lunch time, but when I saw the girl who I liked before, the memory of her denial to my confession, it dawned me. It’s the only place far away from people like them. I hate them.

~Kimi wo suki dake ja monotarinai

Akogare dake ja umekirenai…~

I heard someone singing, a girl… her voice was really angelic, is she an angel?

The singing stopped

“Hey what are you doing?” the girl asked. Then she saw me crying.

“Y-You’re crying!” She knelt down in front of me, handing me a handkerchief.

“No I-“

She just ignored that and wiped away the tears from my eyes