Holiday Special

I shivered as I walked towards the target to retrieve my shurikin. It was late and with the coming Winter Solstice it was getting cold. The weather made it difficult for late night training. I was worried that I would have to start spending my nights inside instead.

What would I even do inside all night?

I sighed and saw my breath fog causing me to shiver again. The metal shurikin felt like ice in my hands and made my fingers stiff.

Normally at this time of year I would practically glue myself to Nao's side. His fur always kept me warm. But what was I supposed to do without him?

"Are you stupid?" my eyes darted to the newcomer only to find Sasuke lurking about. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want, Sasuke? Don't you normally sleep at this hour?" I grumbled, in no mood to deal with his rude comments. Sasuke's cheeks turned rosy and he glanced away.

Sasuke mumbled some response I couldn't make out, even with my enhanced hearing.

"What?" I asked and walked closer to him. Sasuke scowled.

"Come on, stupid." He demanded and spun on his heel, marching off. I followed him diligently. A small breeze blew causing me to shiver again. I clenched my jaw to keep my teeth from chattering.

How was Sasuke so stoic in this freezing cold? I swear he's like a block of ice himself. Maybe he feels at home in the cold.

Sasuke lead me to the Uchiha head household and walked inside. I raised a single eyebrow speculatively before following him. Sasuke walked straight to the hearth and performed a quick fire jutsu, lighting the logs there and warming the whole house.

Unable to hold back another shiver I wrapped my arms around myself, as if that act could keep my insides from freezing solid. Sasuke gave me a smirk.

"Still cold?" he teased.

I'm sure if my blood wasn't frozen solid it would've rushed to my cheeks in an embarrassed blush. He grabbed a blanket off the back of the sofa and draped it around my shoulders before leading me to sit on the sofa. Without a word he left the room.

Confused by his actions, I listened for him. He was in the kitchen banging some pots together or something. Honestly I have no idea what he's doing; that entire room is a mystery to me. He reentered the room a few minutes later with two mugs in his hands. He passed me one and sat next to me on the couch with the other. I sniffed the beverage and took a cautious sip.

It tasted like green tea.

"What is this?" I asked wanting to confirm my suspicions.

"Some ryokucha I found in the cupboard." He sipped his drink calmly. He seemed strangely at ease. I don't think I've ever seen Sasuke so peaceful and calm before.