29

We were supposed to meet at the bridge today. We all knew Kakashi-sensei would be late, yet we all rushed to get there on time. I rushed more than usual and arrived a half hour late.

I shot Sasuke a glare.

We hadn't spoken since our argument the other day. The most contact I've had with him, despite literally living with him, were exchanged glares and random petty acts. Petty acts such as not washing my dishes and leaving them in the sink.

I wasn't the only one going out of my way to make life harder for the other, though. Despite living in the same house he got here before me. The petty jerk purposefully checked to see if I was awake, made sure I wasn't, then pranced off.

That's right, 'pranced'.

Screw you, Sasuke.

"Uhm, Miyu... there's something I've been meaning to ask you." Sakura started timidly.

I glanced at her and noticed she was standing a few steps away from Sasuke and Naruto, most likely not wanting them to overhear. I obliged her and took a few steps away from our group.

"What's up?"

"Do you... you live with Sasuke, don't you?" she asked sounding nervous and forlorn.

"Uh, well technically I guess." Her expression sank.

I felt like I was crushing the poor girl. She literally adored, obsessed, over Sasuke. I couldn't just ruin this for her. Despite her obscene and downright scary infatuation with Sasuke, who was turning more into a jerk by the day, she was a nice girl. She didn't deserve to feel so sad... more importantly, Sasuke didn't really deserve her feelings.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my team to death. But ever since we got back from Wave Country things have been, well, hard. Thanks to the obvious grating tension between us all I've wished on more than one occasion to be switched to Kiba and Akamaru's team.

I guess you could say their behavior has left me a little bitter.

"Listen, Sakura. I might live in the same house as him, but it's not like that. I mean we hardly ever talk so it's not like we have anything romantic going on. He's only letting me stay in the Uchiha head household with him because...uhm, of personal reasons." Sakura seemed to perk up slightly.

"So... you don't like him?"

"Sakura... I might love you guys but currently I don't really like any of you." I told her.

"Wow," Sakura giggled, "I've never known you to be so blunt before, Miyu. You almost sound like Sasuke."

"I learn from the best." I muttered dully with a roll of my eyes.

It was true that Sasuke and I hardly talked at home, even when we weren't fighting and on good terms. He liked to keep to himself either training or sleeping. Meanwhile I still couldn't sleep alone, so I took up reading or training at night.

During the day... well my tasks wouldn't really differ. I felt like I was at a disadvantage having missed out on an academy education, so I was trying to make up for it now. I would train until I exhausted myself physically, then I would eat and read until I was rested enough to begin again.

My progress was astounding.

Sakura and I took a few closer steps to Naruto and Sasuke, who were randomly glaring at each other, in order to close rank in our group.

Sakura took up some sort of giggly gossip with me that I didn't really understand, but I nodded and smiled politely to her anyways. Sasuke looked like he wanted to kill himself at the meaningless jabber, and Naruto looked like he was jealous of Sakura gossiping with me instead of him.