51

In truth, I didn't really know where to go to find answers. My first guess was some hidden Uchiha scroll... but I currently can't read. So that's useless. My second guess was Kakashi-sensei, but he's a little busy right now. Who else would know anything about the Uchiha's Mangekyou Sharingan? Maybe the Hokage... but he's busy too!

Ugh!

I sat in the Uchiha compound training grounds throwing random rocks at nothing. It's times like these that belonging to an almost extinct clan really sucked. Anyone would could've explained this stuff to me is dead.

This is stupid. The Mangekyou Sharingan is stupid. My diluted blood is stupid.

I pouted to myself. What the hell am I supposed to do?

"It seems you're at quite the loss, little Uchiha." A deep voice spoke from in front of me. I glanced up, searching for the chakra signature. My mouth popped open in surprise and fear.

This man's chakra is so massive and dark.

He's terrifying.

"Come now, I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, I came specifically to help you." He crouched down in front of me and I instinctively leaned back.

I wanted to run away from him, but I knew he would catch me. I wanted to stand and gain some sort of distance between this scary man and myself but I was also scared to move and draw more attention to myself.

It was the thoughts of prey that haunted my mind. Maybe if I don't move he won't see me.

How dare I think like prey?

"Won't you speak with me, little Miyu, dear?" I opened my mouth, determined to prove myself a predator.

"H-how do you know my name?"

Ok... good start Miyu, maybe next time don't stutter like a coward.

"I make a point to know all the names of my family members." The man gave a deep chuckle.

"You're an Uchiha." I stated more than asked.

"Yes. My name is Madara Uchiha, and I believe I can help you with your little eyesight problem. You see, I like good eyes and, despite your current state, believe your eyes hold a powerful mutation." He began. I frowned in confusion.

"Mutation?" I asked tentatively for fear of sounding like an idiot.

"Yes, Miyu. You see, the Uchiha are gifted with marvelous visual prowess, but are simultaneously cursed. The Mangekyou Sharingan can only be used a finite amount before the light fades forever, and the user becomes permanently blind. There is a cure. The user must take the eyes of his brother. Then, and only then, is the user gifted with eternal Mangekyou Sharingan." Madara explained.

I sat silently and absorbed the information.

"So..." I began, slowly becoming less terrified of this man, "does that mean my light has already faded? Because I'm a branch family member, do I not have enough power to wield the Mangekyou for more than one instance?"

"That is where you are incorrect, little Miyu. You already have eternal Mangekyou Sharingan." I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"What? That doesn't make any sense. Even if I was as strong as a normal Uchiha, I don't have any siblings. I didn't take anyone's eyes. There's no possible way for me to gain eternal Mangekyou Sharingan." I protested.

"Your eyes are unique. I had Zetsu watch you while you used your Mangekyou during the Chunnin exams. The pattern of your Sharingan is specific to a very powerful and very unique eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. You're an anomaly, Miyu. I've known about your existence for quite some time now. I've done adequate research on your power and believe I know what you can do.

You were never supposed to gain the Sharingan, you're much too loosely related. You have no blood relatives with the head Uchiha household. Yet, because of a genetic mutation you gained the power of the Uchiha. But that's not all. Because of this mutation you also have surpassed the Uchiha curse of the Mangekyou darkness."

I nodded silently to Madara. I really didn't understand what he was trying to tell me. I was sort of just listening to him prattle on about stuff that didn't really relate to how I can regain my vision. Madara chuckled as if sensing my thoughts.

"I'm guessing you're wondering what any of this has to do with your current situation." I nodded to him and he continued. "It is my belief that this Uchiha curse that prohibits the use of the Mangekyou Sharingan for one person without trading their eyes with another's can be compared to a debt. The user receives immense visual prowess for a certain time, and when the time is up that prowess must be repaid with darkness. You, however, can repay this debt immediately."

"I seriously am so lost right now." I told him and he chuckled.

"You have been blind long enough, Miyu. Channel your nature chakra, the chakra you use to keep yourself energized without sleeping, and channel it to your eyes." I frowned.

I had no idea what he meant by 'nature chakra' but I assumed he meant the energy I felt when I meditated. So I closed my eyes and focused on the energy that nature held. Usually all it took was a few deep breaths to regain my energy, so I tried that. I took a few deep breaths, but this time I focused on the energy around me rather than the energy within me.

I could sense the chakra energy from the nature around me filling my body, instantly making me feel rested and powerful. So I guess that's what I've been doing when I've been meditating all this time.

I probably should've figured this stuff out sooner... well whatever.

"Good, keep going. Channel that nature energy to your Sharingan." Madara told me in a low tone.

I nodded and did as he said. I felt the energy around me leave nature and fill my eyes. Immense power flooded me and I gasped as a searing burn filled my eyes. All I saw was white and pain filled my every cell. A strangled cry escaped me and tears filled my eyes. As the tears welled and fell down my cheeks my vision returned.

I looked around at every inch of the clearing like a startled fawn.

"This can't be real..." I muttered. I glanced up at Madara. He wore a long black cloak with red swirling clouds on it. An orange mask with a singular eyehole and a swirling pattern watched me take stock of him.

"This is your power. You hold the ultimate Sharingan. The eternal Mangekyou Sharingan." He told me.

"I can just... go blind and suddenly regain my vision?" I asked incredulously.

"The catch for your Sharingan is that in order to use your visual prowess you must spend time blind. You must pay for your power with darkness. I suggest you practice with your power and discover its limitations." I gaped at him like a fish out of water.

"I... how do I... when... where... what?" Madara sighed at me. I guess he was finally fed up with my stupidity.

"There are not many Uchiha left in this world, but I am one who can teach you about your power. I offer you my help in learning about your visual prowess. Come with me and learn who you truly are, Miyu."

"I... my team, they're my family." I muttered. Madara nodded.

"Do not decide now. I will allow you ample time to think your options through. But only I can teach you how to use your gift to its full extent. I wish you well in the coming days, Miyu."

And with those last words, Madara vanished into thin air.

WAS BLIND BUT NOW SHE SEES, FINALLY! 

Anyways, who has any thoughts on this chapter?? Madara finally making an appearance and an offer! Did Miyu make the right decision in staying in Konoha? 

As always, thank you all so much for reading and supporting me!