chapter 20

First of all Merry Christmas Eve all of you though am  late at wishing 😁.

***

Xavier sighed not knowing what to do about everything that has been going on for the past few days.

Massaging his forehead he leaned back in his swivel chair and closed his eyes that's when he felt smooth hands massaging his forehead his frown ceased and he relaxed it felt good though he wanted to open his eyes and see who it was but he thought later because as of right now he really needed this.

A few minutes later he opened his eyes and instantly shot up from his seat "Phoebe what are you doing here?" he asked her.

She smiled "what's wrong in me being in my soon to be husband's office" she questioned back making him look away.

Standing at the balcony finally he started speaking his heart out making her heart stop "look phoebe your my best friend and everything but I-i have never had any other feelings for you I care for you but as a friend" then he looked at her she was motionless and her face blank listening to his every word carefully "and I would have gotten married to you without any problem because your prefect in any way if only" he stopped looking at a distance reminiscing about his lovely girl.

"If only what Xav"phoebe for the first time opened her mouth during his rant "If only I had not met her that night if only I hadn't fallen in love madly if only" he told her with a sad smile.

She gasped as long as she knew him he was not the kind of guy to believe in love and all those cheesy things he thought they were plain bullshit and what about his promise he used to always promise her when they grow up they were going to get married maybe they were kids then but that doesn't change the fact.

She has always loved him and had already dreamt of a happily ever after with him what about that what about her dreams.

" who is she?" she asked instead Xavier didn't look at her this time and replied " that's something I can't tell you not at least now".

Enraged Phoebe walked out of his office two days before their engagement he had to blast this big bomb on her.

Though it was her decision of getting engaged in a week but he hadn't said a word then so she thought he agreed with her. As she raced through the streets of Manhattan her blood boiling with pure anger "I will kill her if that's what will make you mine you have seen the caring Phoebe Xavier not the possessive Phoebe who hates sharing, your mine you always were" she chuckled darkly before calling someone and asking them to get information about Xavier's special girl who he wanted to keep behind shadows but not anymore.

When she focused back on the road she did not see another car coming towards her and so both the cars clashed she got just a little bit scratches and her car was damaged thats all but what scared her and made her breathe ragged was the condition of the other car the impact was too much for it and half of its back already started burning she quickly rushed out and her eyes widen when she saw who was in the car.

It was her new employe Meredith "someone call the ambulance" she screamed as she started calling an unconscious Meredith her head matted in blood her arms scraped she was pooled in her own blood.

Soon the ambulance came and took her inside the ICU Phoebe stood outside thinking what she has done she should have been more careful if today an innocent soul left the earth because of her she won't be able to forgive herself.

She called her secretary and asked him to take out Meredith's file and call her family members informing them about her condition.

—————

Hey babies what do you think about the chapter?

Don't forget to vote comment and share.

Be happy be safe and I hope you guys enjoyed this Christmas as much as I did.

Tada🙌