Chapter 34: Messages

Hermione and Harry met up with Ron, Shacklebolt, and Remus in 12 Grimmauld Place.  As Tonks summoned McGonagall and Arthur for an emergency meeting, Hermione spoke to her Shadow Kin in private.

“I want you two to make sure that something is being done to find Yasmin,” she told them.  “Go to Tirgoviste and see if Henry’s got it together, and whether the Coven has him in on the search.  If not, find Keiko and ask for an update.  When you get the chance, Solomon, access my personal inbox online.  You remember my username and password?”

Solomon nodded. 

“Check to see if Yasmin’s responded at all.  It has only been a few hours since I emailed her, but if she’s alright and she wants to be found, she’d respond.”  Hermione looked to Lucien.  “Try to see if you can get in touch with Elena.  If she’s still in London, try to meet with her personally and tell her the situation with Yasmin.  Ask her how much she wants as payment for her services on this matter.”

Lucien smirked.  “She’d do this for free if you shag her.”

Hermione shot him a glare. “She never asked that from me, you know.  And if by some strange twist of fate, she does, that’s not an option.  I’m with Harry now and so that would be cheating.”

“Not if you get him in on it.”  Lucien wiggled his eyebrows.

“He might like it, but Elena won’t,” said Solomon.  “I heard she’s a jealous lover.”

“Oh?  Shame, but I could live with just Hermione and Elena.”

“Well, then there would be Harry to think about still.”

“Harry’s a cool bloke and a do-gooder to boot.  Hermione and Elena going at each other would be for a good cause, so he isn’t likely to kick up a fuss.”

“Come to think of it, boyo, Harry seems like a jealous guy in his own right…”

“Only with blokes, I think.  He supports Hot Lesbian Action just like any heterosexual man.  You’ll see.”

Hermione listened to them both with martyr-like patience, and when finally they paused to think the matter over, she said, “Are you two quite finished deciding mine, Harry’s and Elena’s sex lives?”

Both boys motioned to say something but she interrupted before they could. “Shut up, both of you.  Go.  Go before I hurt you.”

She was serious and they probably realized that.  They scampered away to get to their tasks and Hermione muttered swear words under her breath as she watched them go. 

She loved her boys, but sometimes they could be impossibly single-minded. 

With her Shadow Kin dispatched, she rejoined Harry and the others in his study.  McGonagall and Arthur arrived shortly after they were flooed and thus assembled, Harry calmly told them what transpired in what Harry now called Spinner’s End. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione stared at the vials in Harry’s hand.  Three tiny containers filled with a dark, ominous substance that was either his salvation or destruction. 

Her eyes stung and she hastily blinked back her tears. 

Damn you, Snape.  Damn you.

The profound silence in the room only compounded the fact that Harry’s options were miserable, and unless they came up with a better plan, this was how it was going to be. 

Harry’s expression was grave, his eyes filled with intensity. “I’ll hand over one of these vials to our Potions lab at the Ministry, if you don’t mind, Kingsley.  I want Woodhouse on this.”