Chapter Seven - The beach House

The drive from the airport was restless. I didn’t sleep much on the plane, i kept having thoughts about the plane crashing or something happening like that film.... What was it called? Erm.... Ooo, snakes on a plane. I’d be terrified if that to actually happen in real life. As the car slowly worked it was through the traffic i admired the scene in front of me. Shops, lots and lots of shops was before me. Palm trees scattered along the paths. I wasn’t sure what time it was. It was twelve hours here but it was 5 hours before London time and oh dear, this was giving me a really bad headache.

What felt like forever passed by and we started to drink along the sea front and in the distance was a line of houses. They are all big, 2 maybe 3 stories. All white, all had big porches on the front, all had drive-ways that could fit like; 10 cars in. We carried on up this road and started to come to a slow stop as we turned into one of the drives. This house stood out to all the rest.

The garden was cut to perfection, it didn’t look old, it didn’t look dead and it looked perfect. Not a piece of grass out of place. Flowers lined along the soil that was flat. The garden was beautiful. The drive way seemed to last forever but i was too sucked into the view when Brandon tapped me on the shoulder and smiled. I opened the taxi door and stepped out. The house was amazing, 2 stories highs and white painted wood as the foundations of the house. I walked along the path and up the steps to the porch. There were flower baskets hanging either side of the door and a swing chair in the far corner of the porch. I couldn’t help it “Wow” I whispered as i heard the click of the door unlocking.  Brandon gestured me inside.

Inside was beautiful. The living room was Creams and Reds. Three of the walls are Cream and the main wall that held; the telly, fireplace and a large photo. Was floral wallpaper that has reds and whites. The couches were beautiful; they were white leather with red cushions that were from normal red to furry red. There was a glass coffee table and a large glass dining table with at least 8 seats. I was blown away.

“Do you was a spare room or a room with me?” He asked, i could see him hope i say his. Nope, this is going to be fun.

“I think I’ll have a spare room” I smiled as his smile turned in to a frown. He nodded and bowed his head. He led me up the stairs.  Upstairs was cute, had 4 bedrooms. The corridor was long; pictures were hanging along the walls. I stopped at a certain picture, a little boy with a large smile. His brown eyes were reflecting from the sun. He was holding a fish with a man that was middle aged with his arm around the young boy with a proud look on his face smiling at the camera. He looked so happy.

“Brandon” He turned around and looked at me, i pointed to the picture. “Who are these people?” I asked. He expression hardened. His body became stiff.

“Me and my father, come on were nearly at your room.” With that he pulled my hand and went

I couldn’t help but notice one door we walked past had a padlock on the, it was dusty, looked like none was in there for ages. We walked past another door and then Brandon opened a door in front of m. “This will be you room” He snapped. I nodded. He put my bags on my bed and left.

He was a huge mood just because i wanted a spare room. However, the room was lovely. It has cream walls with Green floral wall paper. It had a four poster double bed that had a lovely bed sheet on it. There was a big dresser with 3 mirrors; one big one in the middle and 2 smaller ones at the side. It had a chair and 2 drawers at either side. The room was beautiful. I looked around the room and found 2 other doors. I walked in one and an en-suit bathroom that had a normal bath with a shower cubical, toilet, sink and mirror that stretched right across the wall. This house was getting better. I walked out of the bathroom and wondered though the other door. A WALK IN WARDROBE!. I’ve always wanted one of these. I am happy now.

Gray, go find mate. Mate sad

Sad?

She didn’t reply after that. Brandon was upset? I thought this was meant to be happy time. Oh well, i was tired. She can be morngy if she wants.

The morning soon came. A light shined through the window. A dark silhouette was over me. I jumped.

“Brandon! What the hell!” I screamed. He looked like he hadn’t had any sleep “What’s up” He stayed quite. His eyes were red and puffy. I got up and walked over to him. “What’s wrong” I placed my hands on his shoulders. He relaxed a bit. “What is wrong” He looked at me.

“Its. Its.. Damon and... And...” He started to sniffle “Collette” .

“What’s happened” Concern laced my voice. He stayed stiff and unable to speak or move.

“They.... They.... They’ve been in a accident. A attack.” He cried. He never cries. “Damon...He” He sniffled

“NO! You’re wrong!” I shouted “Don’t mess about like this!” How could he lie, he walked over to me and held my chin up. He shook his head. He took a deep breath and looked at me.

“He didn’t make it” He couldn’t console himself. I just hugged him. I needed to go home.

I couldn’t mind link anyone i was too far away.

“We need to go home” I said scurrying around the room.

“No, you Uncle told me to keep you here. He told me to tell you that Carl back.” Carl was back, he was after me “He says you need to stay here out of the way”

 “Who is Carl” I froze. I didn’t want to tell him. “Gray. Who is he?” I could hear fear in his voice.

“I don’t want to talk about it” I whispered. My eyes were filling with tears. I looked to floor. A single tear fell from my eye. He came over to me and lifted my head i tore my face away from him. Damon didn’t tell him about Carl. Now i have to.

“Please tell me” He said concern laced his voice.

“Ok” I sniffled