Chapter 3

"We're back, bitches!" she proclaimed triumphantly, her voice echoing across the landscape. The others followed, their cheers a chorus of newfound freedom.

Clarke, ever the pragmatist, remained focused on the task at hand. Her gaze was fixed on a map, her expression shifting from awe to concern. Finn's arrival lightened the mood momentarily, but the gravity of our situation soon reasserted itself as I pointed out the daunting peak of Mt. Weather.

"We're on the wrong damn mountain," I realized aloud, a chill running down my spine at the thought of the perilous journey ahead.

Wells joined us, his presence a poignant reminder of our shared and troubled past. "So that's your sister, Foster?" Finn asked, his voice tinged with concern.

"That's my sister," I confirmed, feeling the sting of bruises and scrapes – silent testaments to our turbulent landing.

"Well, in that case, come here," Finn beckoned, a mischievous glint returning to his eyes as he led me towards the back of the dropship.

Hesitantly, I followed, stepping alongside my audacious yet dependable friend into the unknown landscapes of Earth. The landscape before us was a breathtaking array of untamed wilderness, a stark contrast to the sterile confines of the Ark. Verdant forests stretched out as far as the eye could see, punctuated by rugged mountains that pierced the skyline. "Nice view. We've only been here for half an hour. How'd you already find it?" I asked Finn, my voice a mix of wonder and jest.

"We're on the ground, isn't that thrilling enough for you?" Bellamy responded, his tone a mixture of sarcasm and awe. His attention, however, quickly shifted to Clarke and Wells, who were engaged in a heated debate a short distance away.

"We need to find Mt. Weather," Wells asserted with a sense of urgency. His eyes, filled with the weight of legacy and duty, focused on the group. "That has to be our first priority," he insisted, echoing the gravity of his father's message.

Octavia, with a rebellious fire in her eyes, snapped back, "Screw your father. We don't need someone to lord over us." Clarke, meanwhile, stressed the practicality of their situation. "We're not following orders; we're following survival. Without those supplies, we won't last a week," she reasoned, her voice clear and commanding.

Bellamy's scorn was palpable as he mocked their privileged upbringing. "Let the royal family lead the way for a change," he sneered, his eyes flashing with defiance.

Tension escalated rapidly when John Murphy, a fellow prisoner, launched an unprovoked attack on Wells. Murphy's actions were quick and ruthless, sending Wells sprawling to the ground. The crowd tensed, ready for a confrontation.

I intervened, jumping in front of Wells with Finn at my heels. "Back off, Murphy. He's got one leg. Pick on someone your own size," I growled, my eyes locked onto Murphy's, challenging him to escalate.

Octavia's quip about needing a rescue cut through the tension, eliciting reluctant smiles from some in the crowd. Clarke, however, was visibly frustrated. She grabbed my arm, pulling me aside. "What are you doing? You can't just jump into every fight," she hissed.

"I'm protecting my family," I retorted, "and I'm coming with you to Mt. Weather. You're not doing this alone."

Clarke sighed, a mix of resignation and relief in her eyes. "Fine, but don't think I always need your protection."