Chapter 15

Bellamy's lack of response and his departure spoke volumes, confirming our suspicions. In the wake of this revelation, the complex web of secrets, lies, and survival strategies that had entangled us all became even more convoluted. The implications of Bellamy's actions and the uncertain fate awaiting those on the Ark loomed over us, a stark reminder of the precariousness of our existence on Earth.

The air crackled with tension as Raven confronted Bellamy, her stance fierce and unwavering. "Hey, shooter! Where's my radio!" she yelled, her voice sharp and commanding, cutting through the forest's stillness.

Bellamy's response was a growl of pure frustration and latent aggression. "I should have killed you when I had the chance," he spat, the words dripping with venom.

Unfazed, Raven stood her ground, her voice soft yet laced with defiance. "Really, well I'm right here," she challenged him, her eyes locked on his with an unflinching gaze.

The situation escalated in an instant as Bellamy seized her by the throat, his grip firm as he pushed her against a tree. But Raven was quick to react, producing a knife with a swift movement, the blade glinting threateningly.

"Where's my radio," she demanded again, her voice now a dangerous whisper.

I stepped in, my voice a stark contrast to their heated confrontation. "Stop it," I urged, hoping to diffuse the escalating situation.

Their standoff was tense, a palpable hostility hanging in the air. After a moment, they reluctantly broke apart, Bellamy stepping back, his face a mask of anger mixed with resignation.

Bellamy tried to justify his actions, turning to face us with an attempt at reasoning. "Jaha deserved to die. You all know that," he stated, his voice an attempt at conviction.

Raven's rebuttal was immediate and factual. "He isn't my favorite person either, but he's not dead," she retorted, her tone mocking yet laced with a hint of relief.

Bellamy's reaction was one of genuine surprise. "What?" he whispered, his tough exterior briefly crumbling.

"You're a lousy shot," Raven said with a chuckle, her relief evident in her laughter.

Seeing an opportunity, I approached Bellamy, speaking in a soft, persuasive tone. "Bellamy. Don't you see what this means? You're not a murderer," I said, trying to reach the person behind the hardened facade. "You always do what you have to do to protect your sister. That's who you are. And you can do it by protecting 300 of your people. Now, where's the radio?"

Bellamy's response was laden with resignation. "It's too late," he muttered, his voice barely audible.

His revelation that he had discarded the radio into a stream set us on a frantic search. I sifted through the water, feeling for the lost device. My hand finally grasped something solid, and with a triumphant pull, I retrieved the radio from its watery hiding place.

"I found it!" I exclaimed, my voice echoing with both triumph and relief.

Raven hurried over, her expression a mix of hope and apprehension as she took the radio from my hands. Clarke looked on, her face etched with concern.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asked, her voice reflecting the gravity of the situation.

Raven's response was a mix of pragmatism and frustration. "It's going to take me at least half the day to dry out the parts and figure out which components are broken," she explained, her expertise evident in her assessment.

Bellamy sighed heavily, his tone heavy with a sense of inevitable failure. "I told you it was too late," he said, his resignation palpable.

I couldn't contain my frustration and confronted Bellamy. "Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?" My words were harsh, reflecting the severity of the situation.

Bellamy's response was defensive yet tinged with a hint of guilt. "I said I'd help. And I did."

"300 people are going to die today because of you," I accused, my words sharp and unforgiving.

Raven, ever the problem-solver, interjected with a sudden spark of inspiration. "Hold up! We don't have to talk to the Ark, just let them know that we're down here, right?"

Finn, intrigued by her suggestion, asked, "Yeah, but how are we going to do that with no radio?"

Raven's smirk was a glimmer of hope amid the despair. She quickly explained her idea, and with a renewed sense of purpose, we rushed back to camp, her innovative plan offering a new ray of hope in our dire situation.