Chapter 32

Amidst the turmoil, Finn reappeared, his presence adding another layer of complexity to the chaotic situation.

"Reapers!" The lead Grounder, Tristan, screamed, his warning sending shivers down our spines.

"What did you do?" I questioned Finn, my voice a mixture of frustration and concern.

"I kicked a hornet's nest," he chuckled, his tone almost unnervingly calm given the dire circumstances.

"You brought the Reapers?" I asked him, aghast at the gravity of his actions.

Finn's response was pragmatic. "I just bought us some time. How's Raven?" he inquired of Clarke.

"She's not good, and the rockets aren't ready. Jasper's working on them now," Clarke reported, her voice filled with a sense of urgency.

Finn turned to me, seeking answers in the midst of the chaos. "Jasper? What's Plan B?"

I met his gaze with a solemn expression. "Jasper is Plan B," I informed him, recognizing that our survival now hinged on Jasper's ability to complete the task amidst the chaos and danger that surrounded us. As chaos continued to unfold around us, the urgency of the situation compelled us to herd everyone into the drop ship. It was abundantly clear that we had no chance of holding back the relentless onslaught of Grounders. We positioned the gunners, those still armed and with ammunition, at the forefront of our defense.

"Clarke, they're taking down the gate," Miller reported, his tone laced with a mixture of resignation and concern.

"Good. Because I did it... I think," Jasper's voice crackled over the radio, his uncertainty reflecting the volatile nature of the situation.

"I'm closing the door," Miller announced, the notion of retreat becoming increasingly evident.

But I couldn't accept that. "No! We've still got people out there. Bellamy's not back yet!" I implored Miller, the thought of leaving anyone behind weighing heavily on my conscience.

"Use the grenades!" Someone's panicked voice screamed over the radio, the desperation in their tone mirroring our dire circumstances.

I turned to Jasper, my voice resigned but determined. "All right, Jasper, get everybody inside."

Then, a glimmer of hope emerged. "There he is!" Finn's voice rang out, relief in his tone as he spotted Bellamy.

But hope quickly turned to despair as we watched Bellamy's desperate struggle. "He's never going to make it," Clarke sighed, her words heavy with dread.

"Bellamy, run!" I screamed into the chaos, my voice filled with desperation and fear. Bellamy's cries of pain reached us through the tumultuous noise, a stark reminder of the brutality of the Grounders who were relentlessly attacking him.

"He's killing him," Clarke cried out to Finn and me, her distress echoing our own feelings of helplessness.

Finn, overcome by the need to act, made a fateful decision. "Give me that," he grumbled, taking my gun.

"Stop, Finn, no!" Clarke's scream filled the air as Finn rushed out of the drop ship, his actions a desperate attempt to save Bellamy from the brutal assault he was enduring.

Finn's valiant but ill-fated attempt to save Bellamy lasted no more than thirty seconds before a Grounder knocked him down. While they didn't kill him outright, they subjected him to a brutal beating. My instincts screamed at me to rush out of the drop ship and intervene, to save them both from this merciless assault. But deep down, I knew the grim truth: no one could save them from the overwhelming numbers and ferocity of the Grounders. Miller, echoing my inner turmoil, verbalized the painful reality.