Chapter Thirteen: Fight

Y/N's POV:

As time ticks by, I'm only getting more terrified. I'm getting weapons that I don't recognize handed to me, and the boys are teaching me about them but I'm still so lost.

"Okay Y/N, one thing about demons," Hoseok begins, "They aren't gonna be taken out by one slice of a blade. That's like a paper cut to them. You have to at least... I don't know, stab them in the arm? To at least get them to drop their weapon or be genuinely hurt."

"Stab them?! Guys, I've never done any of this before, I'm not prepared for this." I spill, looking down at the leather belt filled with hanging weapons on my waist.

"This is only for an emergency. We'll take care of most of it, you probably won't need to do anything. We're just preparing you, just in case." Namjoon pats my shoulder, and I nod.

Yoongi walks up to me, and hands me a leather jacket.

"Here, wear this. It'll protect you from the heat of the fire and maybe a few slices of a blade." He gives me a small smile, and I put it on.

"Now, are we all set? And Seokjin, you're fine with staying with Taehyung?" Namjoon asks.

I look over at Taehyung and my stomach drops again. Seokjin gives us a quick nod and a reassuring smile.

"How exactly do we get there?" I ask.

"Just watch," Jimin says.

Namjoon leads us into the centre of the living room and makes us form a circle. Then, we all link hands.

"Hold tight," Hoseok whispers beside me. And I squeeze his and Jimin's hands.

"Ready?" Namjoon asks. We all nod.

And for a split second, I feel like I'm floating, but when I open my eyes, I'm standing. We all let go of each other's hands.

"Revert to your demon states before we enter, yeah?" Namjoon directs, and I watch as everyone's red eyes and different patterns on their necks form.

"Y/N, stay behind us." Yoongi says, and I nod.

We start walking, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified. I'm in an entirely different dimension, about to get into a fight with demons. I could get killed. These things only happen in movies and chapter books.

Y/N, focus. I tell myself. And I suddenly remember that Jungkook could be horribly hurt right now, and that turns my fear into determination almost instantly.

The wooden doors push open by themselves, and before the guards at the front can process the situation, they're already knocked out by Namjoon and Hoseok.

"Where could he be?" Jimin speaks up, and we stand in the hallway for a moment.

I then remember my dream.

I point down the hall. "There, that room. I saw it. Trust me." I speak, and they look at each other, before nodding.

We're running now, expecting more guards to come after us soon.

My dream was so vivid that all of this feels familiar to me. Every detail is right in front of my eyes, and it brings flashbacks to Jungkook being burned alive.

I shake my head. I need to keep it together.

We get to the door, and Namjoon stops Yoongi from kicking down the door.

"Let's get them to open the door for now." He says, just above a whisper.

Yoongi puts his foot down, and Namjoon knocks three times.