Chapter Twenty: Life

"Oh shit.." Jimin whispers behind me.

I can't think of something to say. This can't be real. I'm in some kind of nightmare.

She holds a knife in her hand and she glares at me with dead eyes. It's like there's a gigantic gate behind them and they're locked shut. She shows no emotion whatsoever. It's like she's brainwashed to the core. The light she illuminates is gone. It's just darkness now.

My father laughs.

"Oh don't be so shocked, it's only temporary. It'll last long enough to kill you boys though," he sneers at all of us, and I watch as Junghyun strokes her hair just to taunt me. But her eyes stay straight on me.

"Y-Y/N?" I whisper, but there's no reaction.

I feel a lump in my throat but I gulp it back down. She doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves to be this way.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" Yoongi booms, and her eyes glance to him for a second, but in an instant they're back on me.

"Oh, nothing. You wouldn't want to know." Father shrugs, before walking back towards Junghyun and Y/N and standing beside them.

I hate this.

Father, I'm going to murder you.

I start running, and despite the shouts from behind me I head straight towards my father, a long dagger wrapped around my fingers.

But I hear the boys soon join me and we're all running towards the trio.

Taehyung, Namjoon, and Yoongi head straight towards Junghyun while me, Seokjin, Jimin and Hoseok go for my father.

He smirks at us, and I shove him backwards, and when I swing my dagger he dodges in the blink of an eye. That makes me stumble, and I use my hands to balance myself against the wall.

I turn around to see Jimin and Hoseok running towards him. But Father punches Hoseok right in the stomach, but that gives Jimin a chance to slice a cut through my father's arm. Seokjin comes forward and punches his cheek.

Yoongi and Taehyung lunge towards Junghyun, but he grabs Yoongi by the neck and throws him away. Taehyung swings his fist but misses by an inch, causing Junghyun to kick him in the gut. Yoongi comes back again and Junghyun is too slow to react, so he's stabbed in the arm, making him yell in pain. But he throws the knife away and punches Yoongi in the mouth, causing him to stumble backwards and hold his bleeding lip.

Taehyung dashes forwards again, but Junghyun shoves him backwards and uppercuts him, before grabbing his arms tightly and ramming his back into the wall.

Taehyung cries out in pain.

His back.

I fucking knew he wasn't ready for this. Of course Junghyun would remember when he ruined Taehyung's back. Why did I let him come? Why did I let any of the boys come with me?

"Taehyung!" I yell, but Namjoon is jumping at Junghyun, and they begin to fist fight, Namjoon dodging easily and Junghyun using his legs to kick Namjoon's knees.

I run towards my father, who is slowly making his way towards victory against Seokjin, Hoseok and Jimin.

But in a mere five seconds Y/N appears in front of me and I almost fall forwards, but my feet screech to a stop. I search her face for some sort of reaction but there's nothing. Nothing at all.

"Y/N? It-It's me, Jungkook. Don't you know who I am?" I stutter out. My hand falls to my side and my eyes become glossy, and I'm desperate to find some sort of light inside of her eyes.