Chapter Seventeen: Safe

Jungkook's POV:

I run out the door after her, yelling her name but she doesn't hear me.

Taehyung and Jimin are out there, darting their eyes between me and her, and I feel tears begin to prick my eyes.

I continue running but Taehyung and Jimin grab my arms, preventing me from moving any further.

"Y/N!" I yell again, squirming in their grasps, but I can't beat two of them.

"Let her go, she probably just needs some space." Jimin says gently, but I don't stop moving.

"It's dangerous for her to go out alone, what if Junghyun captures her?" I'm desperate, my heart is pounding in my ears and so many scenarios are playing in my head it's overwhelming me.

They won't let me through, so I just give up. We all stand there in silence.

I don't realize I'm crying until I see tears hit the ground below me.

"I-I tried to tell her that Junghyun was the one that killed her sister but she wouldn't listen. It was like everything muted out in her world. She thinks I killed her sister. She wouldn't let me finish I- I-" My stomach is churning, it's all a misunderstanding. If she had just listened to what I had to say she wouldn't be in danger like this.

Taehyung and Jimin both don't say a word.

"Jungkook don't worry, she wouldn't run and not come back, she's smart. She probably just needs time to think." Taehyung calmly tells me, and they both let me go once they're sure I won't run.

I sigh, before turning away from them and heading back towards my room, before shutting the door and running my fingers through my hair.

***************
Y/N's POV:

I step out into the cool air of the night, the breeze hitting every inch of my exposed skin and making me sigh with relief.

The fresh air fills my lungs and I somehow feel more relaxed than I was when I was in the building.

I've stopped crying now, but there's an empty pit in my chest, and I feel like there's no way to fill it back up again.

I start walking down the sidewalk, it's not too late so I take advantage of that. I know I shouldn't stay out here alone for a long time, but I just needed some time away. Away from everything.

I knew this would happen. But I let my stupid, naïve self get in the way of common sense. I should've seen this coming. But I was a fool, and let myself get hurt.

This was the first time I ever opened up and let people into my complicated life since my sister's death. Because I knew it was all temporary, and that it just wasn't worth my time. I knew something like this would happen. Why didn't I listen to myself before?

I miss her. I miss her so much. She was my best friend, when I had nobody she was always there with open arms. She protected me from everything bad and I always felt safe around her. She was my hero.

Was.

It hits me like a pang to the chest, and I can only squeeze my eyes shut for a moment, letting the pain pass away.

I never understood before. Why would someone murder another human being for no reason? My sister didn't have anyone who hated her, or anyone she had a bad past with. She was loved by everyone. She was smart, beautiful, and so kind. Why?

She didn't deserve it, heck, I should've been the one to be killed instead.

And it hits me again. Like a bullet. Of course it had to be Jungkook. All the world wants is to make me miserable, and I can't help but think that I deserve it.

I loved him. I loved him so much. He was the only thing that kept me going through the day. I even got a call from the school a few weeks ago, telling me that my marks have raised exceptionally. I forgot about the pain of losing her, everything glowed when I was around him. He was the cause of everything good that happened to me since I met him.

But now he's the cause of everything bad that has happened to me.

I wish it wasn't true. I wish this was just a long dream, that I never met him in the first place. That he never climbed on the bus that morning with his awfully good looks. I would never be a target for a murder, and I would never have had to experience pain like this again.

I wish everything would just go back to the way they were before.

****************
"Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I reply, giggling non-stop.

"Happy 9th birthday!" She screamed, pulling out a doll from behind her.

I gasp.

"The Barbie I've always wanted! Thank you thank you thank you!" I exclaim, hugging the doll close to my chest and beaming brightly.

"I love you, little sis," she smiled back, spreading her arms out for a hug.

"I love you too, big sis," I hugged her immediately, my pigtails brushing past her face.

***************
I suddenly feel a yank of my arm, snapping me out of my thoughts and almost making me trip and fall.

A hand holds my wrist so tight it hurts, and I'm pulled into an alleyway. I try and scream but before I can another hand clasps over my mouth, and I feel tears of anxiety begin to prick at my eyes.

What's going on? Let me go! Who are you?!

The person is so aggressive that I lost my balance, before falling onto the pavement. With their hand still on my mouth, they drag me by my hair, the pain of my hair almost being pulled out of my scalp burning through my head.

I'm terrified.

I'm shoved into a corner and my lower back is hit with a sharp pain. There's definitely gonna be a bruise there.

I look up and see-

Oh shit.

Junghyun.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

"Make one sound and I end you right here," he pulls out a black dagger and my stomach drops, am I gonna die here?

He leans over with a smirk, his face inches from mine as he smirks with approval at my terrified form.

I try not to shake under his towering body, my heart beating too fast for me to process and my hands vibrating like crazy.

"Now, why don't you come with me?" He hisses, dragging the back of the knife across my skin, the cold material making me shudder in fear.

I watch as his other hand pulls out a white cloth from behind him, and I shake my head "no" trying to squirm away from him, but I'm too weak.

He growls at me and pushes me hard into the wall, knocking the air out of my lungs. He presses the cloth onto my nose and mouth, and I try to hold my breath, begging myself not to give in.

But my breath is already short from him shoving me into the wall, and I accidentally breath in sharply through my mouth, and I realize that's a grave mistake.

I kick at him but he doesn't budge, and before I know it, my eyes are becoming heavy and I can't think straight. My attempts to fight back become slower and weaker, and I know that I'm gonna faint soon.

I feel my eyes roll to the back of my head and my body stops moving. Everything suddenly feels light.

Shit.

My heart drops to the floor. I'm going to die.

Jungkook...

And everything is black.