Acceleration

Sebastian's Second Sister

Chapter 2: Acceleration

A/N
-The names of the chapters are runes mentioned in the codex-

••• Violet's point of view•••

"You are the guy my sister was talking about," my voice was clear. It quivered a bit but I concealed my fear.

The corners of his lips curved upwards into a smile. "Ahh, Clary. What else has she said about me?" He sounded cocky in the way he spoke.

How did he know I was Clary's sister? I kept my eyes connected with his dark ones. "That you are a half demon. She said you would kill me and that you are worse than Valentine." For a killer he was kinda attractive.

Sebastian took one of his hands off my shoulder. He moved it up to run his long, pale fingers through his hair. "M- Your father was Valentine right? Did Clary mention anything else?" Sebastian moved his eyes about the room, observing everything I the air around me.

I wriggled about in his touch. "Yes, Valentine was my father," I paused, "and no."

The shock was evident on his face. He had expected me to say more. I didn't know much about this guy, I just hope he didn't kill me like Clary said he would. He pulled away - looking down at the carpet. I couldn't read his expressions from this view. I moved around cautiously. I was slow and gentle with my movement. My hand reached to tilt his chin up. Sebastian shied away from my touch. Our eyes connected and I could see the darkness in them. The darkness held misery in them, something I feel constantly.

"What do you need help with?" My question broke the silence. It also caught him off guard and he was unable to understand.

"What do you mean?"

"Back in the alley you said you needed help with something," I said.

Realization dawned on his face and he replied with haste, "oh yeah, I need help. I need a friend to confide in."

I felt pity for this boy. He sounded so lonely. I immediately forgot all that stuff Clary said about him. "A friend?"

Sebastian slowly nodded. "Unless you have something better to do." Uncertainty was withheld in his voice. The problem wasn't with the fact that he was probably a vicious murder but the fact that I really wanted to stay.

I scoffed. "No, my life was horrible back at the institute. I was constantly being hidden from something all the time. I mean, I'm a shadowhunter. Shouldn't I be outside risking it in the world?" I was so caught up in my own rant. I hadn't spoken much since I was sent to the institute. I guess all those years of silence were finally being released into the air.

Sebastian smiled. "You will get to see the world with me. If you leave all that behind."
I didn't need a moment to decide. I've never wanted something so badly before. He was granting me my long awaited freedom. Who would've guessed that the so-called-bad-guy, was the one who would save me.

I nodded in agreement. He smiled in acceptance of my choice.
"Your room is upstairs. First one on the right."
Sebastian walked into the kitchen and left me in the hallway.

I made my way up the stairs, holding the oak banister for support. The walls were bare and held no history. This place felt as homely as the alley. At least it was warm here though. I reached the top of the stairs and walked into my room. It was different than the hallway. The walls were a dark blue and had various photos pinned on them. The room was furnished with a dressing table, closet, couch and a four poster bed.

The curtains on the bed were thick and made of a deep red velvet. The bed cover resembled the curtains except a lighter shade of red. I sat down and took a breath. The bed was soft and comfy to sit on. Well it's good to get comfy, I guess. I have the feeling I will be here for a long time, for better or worse.