YoungAuthor02

Interview: YoungAuthor02

Author of: "Would You Like Fries With That" & "In Love With A Taxi Driver"

What can we call you (name)?

M.T.

Where are you from?

Pennsylvania, United States.

What is your favorite hobby?

Writing.

Coffee or tea?

Tea.

Interesting Fact?

When I was seven, I tried to stick my foot into a hole in the grass and I ended up finding a rabbit in the said hole. It's been running around our yard frequently ever since.

What book(s) are you reading now?

Con Artist Legacy (well, trying to read it).

The Book Thief.

To Kill a Mockingbird

So Long and Thanks for All The Fish

Who are your favorite Wattpad authors?

EKShortstories because her books are very interesting and you get to imagine the characters the way you want to.

PaigeyLou because you can get sucked into her stories and want to read it all the time.

When and why did you start writing?

I started writing when I was eight because I saw Star Trek: The Next Generation on BBC and thought that I could recreate the formula and make it as good as someone my age could.

Is there a specific genre that you like to read/write?

Science Fiction.

What or who inspires you in your work?

Movies and TV shows, mostly. I sometimes get inspiration from books.

Would You Like Fries With That? is based loosely off of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Can you tell us a bit about your current story and why people would want to read it?

My current story, “And Anything Else?” (not completely published yet but it's coming out in July) is better and possibly more sarcastic and humorous than my first take on Sci-Fi and Humor together in a story.

It has at least two more characters and I already enjoy writing it!

Is there a message for your readers in your work?

My writing may be a little...eccentric at times but I assure you that I try and get better!

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Make sure you understand what you're writing. Otherwise, you lose track and lose interest in your book so much so that you just want to delete the perfectly good story-line you planned.

What was your least favorite book of all time?

The Modern Fairytale Series by Holly Black.

What genre do you highly dislike?

Vampire or Werewolf because they don't have that scary feel to them like the original source material had.

Most of the time, it's a Romance where it has the same old plot recycled.

Is there a story that you'd love to read, but hasn't been written (or you haven't found yet)?

I would like to read a story about Origami animals on a shelf, seeing the events of the world around them. It sounds quite fascinating to me but I don't have the skills to write it and I can't find any that is even close to that.

If any character could come to life, which one would you pick?

James Potter or Cameron Ok.

Cameron has that fun side to him and he can't really understand what goes on around him because he's always the last at figuring things out.

And James! Well, he seems rather level-headed and normal.

Do you have a favorite quote from a book (or movie)?

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is a theory which states that this has already happened."

What is your favorite type of character (physical and personality traits)?

My favorite character would probably be someone who is perfectly nice, calm and normal. He or she has a level head and yet can have fun.

In other words, a friend.

Is there anything else you would like add?

Thanks for the interview (i assume this was the interview)! I really enjoyed answering the questions!