Chapter 7: I Need You To Be

When you finally awoke from a troubled sleep, you subconsciously rubbed your wrist, still a pale blue bruise covering the area where Dean had clamped a cuff to you. Groaning, you checked your phone, seeing the white skinny numbers flashing 2:00 pm.

"Ugh... two hours to kill. To decide.." You pondered to yourself, still trying to make up your mind about whether or not to give the Winchester brothers a second chance. On one side Dean had put you through so much shit, but on the other you liked something about him.. something captured your attention. You also didn't want to leave Sam, you liked him like a brother already.

Suddenly your head was pounding, and you remembered why. That whiskey bottle might have been tiny, but you downed it, and man was that stuff strong. You begrudgingly pulled out a half empty bottle of aspirin, and dumped a couple down your throat. Flopping back in bed, you brushed tendrils of hair out of your eyes, and wanted nothing more than a shower.

When you stepped inside, the hot water hit your skin and you practically moaned in pleasure, your joints thanking you as you turned under the shower head, running the liquid through your hair and over your face. It was a long shower, but by the time you were done, you felt a million times better. Pulling your hair into two braids, and dressed in a new, clean outfit; black ripped jeans, a blue crop top and your leather jacket. You packed the rest of your stuff in your tiny bag, and checked the time; 3:45.

Finally making up your mind, you pulled your stuff off the bed stand and walked out the door, clicking it behind you and pulling down your shades over your eyes. When you walked away from your room, you made one last stop, and knocked on door 203B.

A groggy Dean opened the door and you immediately saw the differences. You stood in front of him, put together and clean, whereas Dean had bed head, dressed in a stained white tee and grey sweatpants. You looked him up and down, and chuckled.

"Mornin', Deano." you said, surprisingly cheerily which made you turn down the un-needed emotion. He muttered back at you, and you just laughed again. Sam stood up from behind him and his eyes widened at you, his goofy grin lighting up his face as he came to the door.

"Hey.. have you decided to stay? With us?" he asked with caution. You nodded and he smiled again, this time Dean flashed one of his sleepy grins to you. They pulled you into a bear hug and you hugged back, happy to finally see both brothers accepting you.

"Alright, alright, thats enough." you laughed, and pulled away from them. "Its almost 4, why aren't you ready D?" you questioned as you stepped inside their room, the smell of take out and coffee overwhelming you.

"Shhh... (y/n), I'm almost ready." Dean said, grabbing his head. Classic hangover you thought, and went over to the counter to grab the third coffee cup on the counter. You watched as Dean went into the bathroom and quickly came out, dressed in blue jeans and a flannel, still buttoning it as he walked out. You drank in the sight of him before, pushing your sun glasses back over your eyes to hide the blush on your cheeks.

"Alright, lets go." Sam said, and you all walked back to the parking lot. Suddenly you where taken over by a coughing fit as your heart felt like it was being squeezed by an iron fist. You hit the wall while clutching your chest, but soon enough it was over. Dean was at your side, holding you up and asking you what was happening.

"Its.. its nothing." you muttered, falling into his chest as tried to keep yourself upright. You cursed yourself for already falling for this man that you just let back in your life. Sam and Dean shared a worried look, but you just resettled your outfit and led them back to the parking lot.

"Are you sure you should be riding back alone? We could always just leave the bike here, its no biggie..." Sam trailed off fiddling with the Impala keys before tossing them to Dean.

"Im fine, Sammy, I promise. Just lead the way to the bunker." You told him before revving up your engine. "Lets get this show on the road."

-----

Among the many things the boys didn't know about you, your most prideful secret was that you were a mechanic, a prodigy some described you as. When you were younger your aunt taught you everything there could be to learn about cars, electronics, and more, and you learned quickly. As you rode down the streets that afternoon, you were glad she did, without it you would have never been able to rebuild your car. That was all that was on your mind on your way back to the bunker, and you couldn't stop admiring the black Impala that drove beside you, the glinting rims and the sleek interior mesmerized you, but soon enough you sped ahead of them, smirking behind your helmet.  Things went like this for at least 2 hours, so close to your destination, but you all still had a little bit to go.

About 3 miles out from home, you sped in front of the car once more, but suddenly you felt the same sensation of the spirits hand clamping around your heart back at your last hunt. Your hands flew to your chest as you leaned to the left, falling with your still speeding bike. Your eyesight wavered, your mind dipping in and out of consciousness. The last thing you heard was the skidding of tires behind you before you were overwhelmed by darkness.

"(Y/n)?!" Dean yelled, jumping out of the car and running to your limp form on the side of the road, seeing your outline half covered by your bent and steaming bike in a trench near the road. Sam was close behind, immediately rushing to your side to lift the damaged motorcycle off of your legs just as Dean swept you off of the ground, seeing your legs covered in blood.

What scared them the most, however, was seeing a blue transparent arm sticking out of your chest, covered in red, flickering into view, and slowly out again.

"Dean, what the hell-"

"I don't know Sam, but we need to get back to the bunker. And call Cas!" Dean yelled, already in the back of the Impala with you in his arms as his brother fired up the car and punched the gas, bringing up dust as racing toward the bunker.

"Come on, (y/n), I can't lose you again..." Dean whispered into your hair, trying to figure out what was going on. He heard you murmur something when you where semi-conscious, and you grabbed your hand, letting you know he was still there. Your eyelashes twitched before you went back to your sleep.

------

Before they knew it Sam was pulling into the bunkers garage, the fluttering noise of angel wings filled the Winchesters ears.

"Who is this?" the blue eyed angel said, cocking his head innocently and gesturing toward you.

"Not important Cas, I just need you to tell me whats wrong.. now!" Dean yelled at him while placing you down on the map table. Your limbs sprawled out as you twitched subtly, letting them know you were still alive.

"I need to reach her heart, it is going to put her in pain." Castiel said, his face serious as he pulled up his trench coat sleeves. 

"Just fix her already!"

Cas took one last glance around the room and plunged his hand into your chest, ripping you back into consciousness, making you scream from the red hot pain you were feeling. It lasted too long, but by the time Cas was done, he pulled out a tattered cloth stained with blood.

"This was keeping the spirit around her heart, but now that it's gone, she should be fine." The angel said, putting the cloth on the table and looking back at the brothers.

"Thank chuck." The winchesters said in harmony. Sam went to the bar to pour them all a round of whiskey as Dean gently lifted you off of the table, carrying you to his bedroom and tucking you into the sheets.

"She's gonna be okay, Dean." Sam said to him, while passing him a glass. Dean downed it and set it down on his nightstand. "Cas flew out, said he had a lead on the new big bad... We're gonna need (y/n) for this." He followed with, sending puppy dog eyes to Dean to try and break him out of the trance.

"She has to be. I need.. I need you to be." Dean said, settling onto the floor beside you and grabbed your hand, drifting off to sleep with a worried Sam sitting in the door way.