Chapter 21: THE REUNION pt 1

Oh my.. would you look at that! The author! She's back! 

Yeah, hey folks. Missed me? You better lmao, i wrote like three chapters for you guys. I just want to acknowledge a couple facts;

1. I don't watch supernatural anymore, I just fell behind and kind of lost interest since i think we can all agree it doesn't always have the best writing. BUT i am planning on rewatching the new seasons so don't lose faith in me yet.

2. HOLY FUCK ALMOST 30K READS??? jesus, i love you all. i'm so glad you like my writing. i think over this past year I really upgraded my shit and like developed better writing so let me know if you agree.

3. This story will be coming to an end soon. Because i created a new timeline and aren't following any specific threats, i can do whatever the fuck i want ;). Who knows, maybe I wont end it soon. Or maybe i'll write a new one. I'll never tell mwahaha.

Anyways, please enjoy the newest chapters of STRENGTH, A DEANXREADER STORY.

Love you all and please stay safe :)

The Writer.

-----------

Stepping foot into the Bunker's garage was the cold breath of fresh air you needed to feel safe again, as silly as it may seem. The second the engine stopped its purring was the second your eyes shut, reveling in the moment of fleeting silence as Deans sleeping form slowly started to wake.

"How you feeling, D?" You asked quietly, voice laced with compassion as his green eyes turned to meet yours.

"I missed you." He smiled childishly at you, reaching out to brush a strand of hair back behind your ear. You stifled a chuckle before you took his hand in yours, kissing his palm before letting it go.

"I know. Let's get you to bed, yeah?"

Dean started climbing out of the drivers seat with soft groans of pain and stiffness. You sped up just a little, rushing to his side and graciously offering your aid to him. He put away his pride and accepted, carefully wrapping his arm around your neck as you prepped him for teleportation. In honesty, you just didn't feel like heaving a 6" man through an endless maze of hallways.

Immediately, the two of you landed on the soft carpet of Dean's bedroom, a dark place that somehow carried his warm presence. The record player on drawer, the few posters plastered onto the wall, the white shirt draped across the bathroom door handle— it was all him.

As the Winchester man stumbled onto the edge of his bed, you couldn't help but notice a photo taped above his bedside table. You bent down with a curious eye and reached out with a careful hand.

"Where did you get this from?" You breathed out, eyes pricking up with tears as you finally saw the image he had preserved so carefully. It wasn't a big print, maybe slightly too big to fit into a wallet and ripped on the left edge, but it was precious. It was a photo of you, maybe four years ago, maybe five. You were smiling wide, perched on the hood of your convertible Cadillac on a bright summer day. You didn't remember what happened that day, but you remember the feeling and that's all that mattered.

"When you left, I went through your car trying to hold on to a piece of you. I found it in the glove compartment." He told you honestly, staring at the side of your face as you continued to study the picture.

You sniffled, unsure of why it made you so emotional, and tried to hold back tears as you swiped underneath your eyes just incase.

"I'll be back soon, okay? Try and hop in the shower and I'll stop by before you go to sleep." You ran a gentle hand through his hair as he fell into your touch, hands relaxing against wooden frame of the bed before you walked out, quietly shutting the door.