Chapter 14: Open Eyes

Time moved really slowly for you. What had seemed like weeks had in reality only been 2 days, 2 days which you had spent sitting in the corner of your bed like a broken soul... which in retrospect you were. No one knew just how bad you had been affected by the whole fiasco, but lets just say you hadn't opened your eyes since.

You were shaken by a soft knocking on your door.

"(Y/n)?" A soft voice called out to you, followed by the creaking doorframe being pushed forward into your room. You stayed silent, just squeezing your eyes shut together tighter than before. You had a secret to hide, but you couldn't let the brothers know quite yet, especially not Dean.

"It is me, Castiel," the angel started, slowly stepping closer to your small frame in the corner. You looked put together, dressed in a clean pair of grey sweatpants of which the past you knew nothing about, and a black long sleeve shirt that went just past your hands. "Dean made some apple pie, saying that it was your favorite. I-I.. I think he hopes it will get you up again. We all do" he added quietly on the end. You just reached over to your bedside table and took a long drink of water, but the angel thought you didn't want anything to do with him, so he begrudgingly turned around.

"Cas..." You croaked out surprising both yourself and the blue eyed boy standing at your side. He immediately turned around, whispering yes before waiting for you to continue. "What's wrong with me Cas?" You asked.

"Nothing, (y/n), your recovery time is incredible, you just need mental support now." He answered confidently, glancing down at you who had yet to look him in the eye, or open your eyes at all.

"No... if I.. if I show you, do you promise not to tell anyone? Including Sam and Dean?" You asked again.

"Of course." He said, anxious to see what you where talking about. But nothing could have prepared him for you. He sat down in front of you, taking your hands in support as you tilted your head back towards him. He counted down to three, and you did it. You opened your eyes.

Your once (e/c) eyes now shone a powerful purple, nothing like Castiel had ever seen from a single angel, but just like what he had seen from an angel.. and a demon. Your right eye had more of a glow to them, whereas your left had a color contained to your eye as if you were possessed. Castiel stumbled backwards, not knowing what to do or say. A tear slipped from your eye as your hands grabbed each your own and squeezed in fear, stuttering out

"What am I?"

——

You decided it had been too long of you hiding in your room. You had had a lot of time to think about what to do about your eye .... situation. Its not like you could just walk out of the room eyes a-blazing and expect the Winchester brothers not to think that you were a monster. Hell, if you were a hunter and saw you, you'd probably have your knives in your chest in a matter of seconds. So instead, you had Castiel bring you some specially made contacts to hid the purple hue.

"How does it look?" You said to him, turning around and opening your eyes again, revealing the device to have worked. He gave you a sweet smile in confirmation, and soon he was out of the room and you were dressed in a white tank top, grey sweats and an unbuttoned, oversized black and white flannel that Dean had forgotten to your room. With a deep breath, you walked out of your room and into the hallway of the bunker. Slowly finding your way out again, you came across the boys sitting down at the table with something sitting in the oven.

"Hey...." you whispered, wrapping your arms around your waist. Dean and Sam whipped they're head towards you, and Sam immediately came rushing out of his seat toward you. He wrapped his arms around you in a big bear hug as you chuckled into his chest, embracing the warm feeling you got. He softly stepped back as he looked you over to check you were okay. He softly smiled at you before stepping over to the oven to remove something. Dean slowly approached you with tears in his eyes before you wrapped your arms around his neck, pushing back tears yourself.

"I'm okay Dean-o. You don't have to worry about me anymore." You chuckled to yourself, as his grip on you tightened.

"Please don't do that to me again, (y/n)." Dean growled at you, but this time it didn't even worry you, you knew that it was only in love. You pulled away from him, but the look in his eyes said he wishes you didn't, so you took a leap of faith and smashed your lips against his rough ones. You both heard Sam groan in fake disgust before you smirked against Dean.

After you pulled away from him you just kept smirking at him and patted his chest, walking away and grabbing a piece of fresh apple pie and digging in right away. Although you might have looked fine, the dangerous spark in your eye was gone, and it seemed as if only Dean could notice.

On the outside you might have looked fine, but on the inside,

You were still broken.

———

Yoooo this update was pretty fun I guess. Lots of things are coming up for you and Dean, also the bromance between Sam and you are soooo cute! Anyways, I'll try to be updating more often.

If you like Brooklyn 99, be sure to check out my new book MISDEMEANOR!

Until next time,

The Writer