Chapter 20: Bring It On Home To Me

At first the ride was silent; the only sounds the two of you could hear being tires against the gravel or wind slashing by your head. But then someone broke the silence, and that someone wasn't you.

"Can we talk now?" Dean spoke, his eyes staring at you from the passenger seat as you tapped your fingers absentmindedly on the steering wheel. You hummed in response, letting him know that he would have to be the one to initiate the conversation.

"How are you?" He asked simply, eyes not wavering. His voice was steady and strong, the classic whiskey voice you had become so distanced from over the past months. To be honest you had no clue how long you had been gone. Castiel thought it foolish for you to keep track of dates, but nonetheless told you the exact date when inquired. That didn't mean you remembered when you left.

"I'm tired." You said bluntly, not really knowing what else to say. You licked your lips briefly before asking him the question in return, to which he replied

"I wish you were at the bunker."

You couldn't help but rolling your eyes as your hands clenched a little bit tighter against the steering wheel. He always had a way of pushing you away just before drawing you back in, like a deadly tide.

"Is this why you hunted me like prey? Because you wanted me back at the bunker?" You snarled, keeping your voice dangerously low while your eyes stayed on the road. Dean sighed heavily, running a hand down his face as he tried to assemble the words in his mind before responding.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry. I really am, but I just need you to hear me out. Please?" He asked, his eyes shining with something unrecognizable as he placed a gentle hand on the wheel, signaling you to pull over. Shrugging him off, you waiting until and empty lot of land popped up on your right, and swerved over. The two of you exited the car and sat in front of the impala. Dean offered up a flask and you rolled your eyes againbefore taking a long swig and passing it back.

"Talk." You said in a monotone.

"When you first showed me your... powers... i was scared. Sammy and I have been through hell, both literally and figuratively, so when I saw that you had properties of the very things that have tortured us for our entire lives... i can- i couldn't look past it. But I'm over that now. I miss you more than I've ever missed anyone in my whole damn life, doll$ The way you twirl your chrome blades when your bored or how you could get distracted by some nerdy book or show for hours on end. It drove me crazy living without you, not hearing your voice everyday and seeing you roll your eyes when we did something stupid. And I know I've fucking up, (y/n/n), I know I have. And I can't promise I won't mess up again, but I can tell you that if you forgive me and come back home, I'm gonna try my damndest to fix us."

His eyes never once left looking at you, despite you having turned away in the middle of his declaration. Tears welled in your eyes, struggling to contain they're purple hue as your emotions battled inside of you.

"You don't think I was scared too? I had no one except a misguided angel to help me figure out what the shit was going on, and even after everything that you said in the bunker that night, you still turned on me. You betrayed me, Dean!"

The first name; Dean knew how much he hurt you now.

"And you act like such a dick, on top of all of that other mess! I can't be thrown around like a rag doll; does he like me, does he not? That shits for middle schoolers, we're grown adults!" Your voice started to break as your powers crackled like lightning sparks around you, eyes fully purple again with tears threatening to fall. Then you broke, and hot tears streamed down your face as you became almost enraged at what this boy was doing to you

"I can't do this whole 'hiding emotions' thing again.. i can't... i can—"

Dean smashed his lips against yours in a fit of passion, sadness and anger at himself, and despite the sparks of grace that you transferred from your mouth to his, he threaded his hands behind you, one on the floor and one pressed to the side of your face. You couldn't resist the taste of him and you melted beneath his touch. The two of you moved in sync as everything else fell away behind you. Neither of you had felt anything like this before, and despite how much you wanted to hate him for giving up on you, you understood his position. He was simply too good to lose.

You broke apart, both gasping for air as your foreheads met.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n/n). I'm so sorry." He whispered, that rough trademark voice of his turning into an expression of pure desire and care. It was gentle, and it was everything you needed to make up your mind.

"I know, D. I know."

———

Dean offered to drive home, and since you were pretty emotionally exhausted from your conversation, you let him.

"I'm gonna miss Amsterdam" you chuckled, throwing yourself into the passenger seat as Dean laughed at your comment.

"You'll have to take me one day, I've heard great things" He said sincerely, speaking about how Sam had described it to him after he found out you two had met.

"One day.." you smiled before dozing off against the window. Dean started humming a song you couldn't recognize, but once he started singing, the lyrics became more clear, and you realized the song was Sam Cooke's 'Bring It On Home To Me'.

"I know I laughed when you left

But now I know I only hurt myself

Oh, oh, bring it to me

Bring your sweet loving

Bring it on home to me."

Dean had a lovely voice.

——

hi yes finally I've updated because I'm real lonely and this makes me feel loved lmao

Anyways thank you guys so much for the support, I really appreciate everything you do from reading to voting to commenting and sharing (I sound like a YouTubed), but in all honestly I love you, and hopefully I'll update more often.

Also, I want to start a new fix, but idk who to base it off of; Bucky (marvel), Loki (marvel), or a female character. Leave your suggestions please :)

Thanks a lot gang,
The Writer