Eleven

I was in my apartment with Bucky, he didn't want to live alone and we both felt like we needed some time to be normal people.

So, Bucky was in his room sleeping at eleven in the morning and I was sitting at the dinner table reading the newspaper.

It had been a pretty normal day so far, I'd had a bad feeling the entire day though.

Bucky padded out of his room, his bed head was strong. He rubbed at his eye with a knuckle as he padded into the kitchen.

"Mornin' Stevie," he yawned as he opened the fridge and took out a water.

He sat at the table with me, twisting the cap off and taking a long swig. He exhaled heavily out of his mouth when he finished the bottle.

"So, what's with the face?" Bucky asked.

I looked up from the article I'd been staring at, "What do you mean?"

Bucky threw the bottle behind him, and it landed in the trash. "You've been staring at the same article since I walked in the room, and I've been watching your eyes. They haven't moved to the next line. So, what's distracting you?" Bucky asked.

I sighed and folded the paper. "I don't know,".

Bucky gave me a warning look. "Steve," his tone had just as much warning as his face did.

"I'm serious, I don't know. I just have a bad feeling..." I told him.

"It's probably nothing Steve," Bucky tried to assure me. "I get bad feelings all the time and nothing goes wrong, usually." Bucky assured once more.

I stood up, "I know, but I can't get rid of the feeling..." I told him.

There was a knock on the door as soon as I'd finished my sentence.

The feeling increased, Bucky made a move to get up to get the door, but I left the room to get it before he stood.

"I got it," I told him. I walked over to the door and peered through the peephole.

My immediate thought was 'No...'. On the other side of the door, was a man dressed in a pristine military uniform holding four folded U.S. flags.

I put a hand on the door knob and braced myself as I opened it.