Twenty-one

I woke up when Steve and Clint opened the door and called for Lucky and I.

I got up and trotted over to the door, meanwhile Lucky ran. He always seemd to be in such a hurry.

By the time I got inside, Lucky had made himself at home in my bed in the living room.

I flattened my ears and sat by Steve, who'd sat in one of the chairs in the common room.

The three children were sitting by Clint and the new woman, the smaller one was petting Lucky.

He appeared to be a toddler.

"How does Bullet react to kids?" the woman asked as she glanced at me a little warily.

"To my knowledge she's never been in direct contact with one," Steve told her honestly, petting my head, "But she's a really sweet dog. She gets a bit excited sometimes though..." Steve told her.

I laid down on the floor, glaring at Lucky out of the corner of my eye.

That was my bed he was shedding on.

I laid my head on Steve's foot.

Bucky looked down at me and then at Lucky, but he didn't say anything.

Bucky patted the empty couch space next to him, "Come on Bullet," he told me.

Steve frowned at Bucky, "You know I don't like her on the furniture, that's why I got her the-" Steve went to motion to my bed, but saw that Lucky was in it.

Everyone around ignored the conversation in favor of their own.

I looked at Steve for approval, he nodded his head once, "Go ahead girl,".

That was all I needed to get up and jump on the couch, laying down and putting my head on Bucky's lap.

He scratched behind my ear as I curled up, deciding to nap some more.

Bucky didn't seem to mind me doing so.