Fourteen

Two weeks had passed since Steve had gotten the news, we now knew what all had happened.

Steve was still sensitive about it though.

He had Stark get frames for the flags and they now were propped up on shelves with each of their names engraved in a golden plaque, all still neatly folded.

Steve was in the shower when his phone rang, he'd left it in the kitchen, so I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked, I didn't recognize the number.

"Is this Steve Rogers?" a male voice on the other end asked.

"No this is a close friend of his can I take a message?"

There was the faint sound of papers being shuffled, "It's about a dog his recently deceased family member had, Bullet. We've been unable to pair her other handlers, but she's shown aggression towards them. She is due to be put to sleep by the end of the Friday unless Mr. Rogers would like to take her,".

I froze for a moment, I'd forgotten about Bullet.

"Where is the kennel she's currently housed in located? We'll come get her immediately,".
.
.
.
Steve got out of the shower almost ten minutes later.

I was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for him.

Steve slowed to a stop as he walked in the kitchen, seeing his phone at the center of the table.

"Bucky?" he asked as he walked over to the table.

"Steve," I said as I looked up at him from his phone, "We're getting a dog,".