fifteen.

MATTHEW’S POV

“So he dobbed you in to Ana?” Carter asked as we walked to the park we had visited once before.

It had been about two days since Ana raged at me, and so far she’s been ignoring me – I don’t think she told anyone though because her brothers and everyone else were acting as if nothing had happened, so that was good.

“Mhm.” I simply replied, tucking my hands into my pocket, reeling for warmth. As my hands slid into the thin denim pockets, I felt the crumple of the photo – It was something else to give me warmth yet reassurance; reassurance that I was living in this nightmare.

“Wow man tha -”

“I deserved it though Carter. I basically lied to one of my best friends, telling him that the girl he obviously has the hots for, chose to sleep in the same fucking bed as me. ” I recounted, feeling guiltier than ever.

“Wait how do you know Cam like Analise? She’s off limits right?” He questioned.

“Well yeah. But it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Cam’s crushing.” I explained.

“His eyes go wide at the sight of her, he blushes when she smiles, he acts a-”

“Matt… Hate to break it to you, but your basically describing yourself around Analise…” Carter whispered.

“She… I-I…” I sighed finding myself speechless yet again.

CARTER'S POV

Here I was with Matt again. It seems like this is an endless cycle – it happened with Vic, now it’s happening with Ana.

I know he was falling for her, and it crushed me every time to know that it was happening. To know that he was just going to get hurt again. It pained me inside to watch, and to know that I wasn’t going to stop anything in fear that I might lose a friend - my best friend.

I sat onto the cold park bench with Matt as he continued to speak.

“His eyes go wide at the sight of her, he blushes when she smiles, he acts a-” He explained, but I cut him off, mentally chuckling.

He basically described himself – I see the way his eyes keep a steady glare on her when she’s not looking, I see how he frustratedly bites the inside of his mouth when she talks to Cameron, I see the way his lips curve upwards when she laughs; I see it all.

“Matt… Hate to break it to you, but your basically describing yourself around Analise…” I cut him off, almost inaudibly.

I looked up from the wet grass below and saw his face. His face deep in thought.

“She… I-I…” He began, but just couldn’t seem to find the words.

The words to describe how he feels about the girl I know he is falling for, yet is trying to hate.

“I don’t like her in that way…”

“You don’t, or you won’t?” I questioned bravely.

“We should get back to the hotel – it’s getting chilly.” He muttered as he began his trip back to the hotel.

ANALISE'S POV

“Hayes I swear I’ll be back in like an hour!” I replied to my younger brother.

“No! You guys keep disappearing and you and Nash are always acting all secretive all of a sudden. I wanna know what’s going on.” He demanded.

“If anything was happening I’d tell you - I know what you know, remember?” I comforted and rushed off out the door to catch up with Nash after planting a quick kiss on his cheek.

“They’re so weird…” I heard him comment before the suite door was slammed shut.

. . .

“You alright?” Nash asked as we sat hand in hand, me on the hard hospital bed, and Nash propped in the uncomfortable squeaky seat beside me.

“Yeah.” I replied nervously, feeling Nash squeeze my hands as a form of comfort, but it only lasted a couple of joyous seconds.

“You know you can te-”

“Nash, please you’re not making it any better by asking me if I’m okay.” I replied a little too harshly, seeing as he looked down at the floor obviously hurt.

“Nash I’m-”

“No you’re right, your right. I’m sorry I’m just stressed you know?” He apologized. If he was stressed, I couldn’t even explain what I was feeling.

He excused himself due to his loud and annoying ringtone and walked off answering the call. I decided to do the same and reached for my phone. I needed some way- anyway, to block out my anxiousness.

I opened my messages seeing as I had one unread text.

Heyy where are you :) – Cam

I smiled at the thought that he was possibly thinking about me.

Just out with Nash. Don’t miss me too much ahaha! I’ll be back soon :) - Ana

I typed as fast as my shaky fingers could, tucking my phone back into my pocket once the delivered sign popped up.

“Someone wants to talk to you.” Nash said as he returned, offering his phone to me.

“Hello…” I answered, waiting for the caller to speak up while Dr Emmett called Nash to talk privately again.

. . .

“Yes mom I promise! Tell dad I miss him too. Okay bye I love you guys!” I finished as I pressed the ‘end call’ button. That was fifteen minutes of my life spent asking if I’d been eating enough, if I had been alright, if I was having fun and looking after myself and blah, blah, blah. I was glad all the worrying and questioning was over, but I really missed my parents, and to know that only have their comfort through these appointments through phone call was a bit upsetting.

But I had Nash, and he was about as protective as my mom and dad combined.

Nash walked back with a look of concern on his face.

“So what’d he say?” I asked curiously, wanting to know what Nash’s little private sessions with my doctor are all about.

“It’s nothing.” He said, making sure to avoid eye contact and just look forward – he was definitely hiding something; he was, is and forever will be a horrible liar.

“Nash I want to-”

“I said it’s nothing alright? We need to go. ” He replied sternly, and walked hastily in front of me before the bus doors were shut closed.

. . .

I HOPE THAT YOU ALL LIKE IT! Again, I didn't get time to properly edit so I am SO sorry if it's muddled.

Thanks so much for the 300 reads guys! I knew we could do it! NEXT UPDATE WILL BE AT 20 votes, 10 comments and at  THE 2K READS MARK (less than 200 reads awayyy!).

As usual, make sure to ike vote and comment for another update! And please, I beg of you - SPREAD THE WORD (for a SHOUTOUT!)

Quick shoutout to @magconfan - Please go follow her and check out her work :)

xx m-s-l